- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Phnom Penh’s recent tragic history.
- Visit to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choueng Ek bone pagoda.
- Explore the Cambodia of the past and present with a local guide.
- Explore local politics and finish by sampling some interesting and delicious Khmer snacks.
Spend some time delving into Phnom Penh's past. It's dark but essential to understanding the Cambodia of today. Join this Phnom Penh tour to visit the sombre spots made infamous by the Khmer Rouge and learn about the politics that continue to shape this country.
The day starts by learning about the tragic and fascinating recent history of Cambodia. See the location where journalists camped out in 1975 on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, and the ghostly building that has been left burnt-out and bullet-holed as it stood after the war.
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodian.
- Local English speaking guide
- Khmer snacks.
- Entrance fees to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choueng Ek Killing Field
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Phnom Penh's Past tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Phnom Penh's Past tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Phnom Penh's Past tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front Entrance of National Museum of Phnom Penh, Address: Preah Ang Eng St. (13), Phnom Penh.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.