- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste and savour the unique flavours of Phnom Penh
- Explore and eat your way through the city’s sprawling Central Market
- Travel through the city by tuktuk and see some of the sights between food stops
- Get insight from your local guide into traditional Cambodian favourites like fried cricket, fresh spring rolls and more
A Mekong sunset cruise or Phnom Penh history tour are all very well but you know as well as we do that the best way to discover a city is through its food, that’s why you are here on this tour page, doing the smart thing! Enjoy the wind through your hair as you whizz around the streets via tuk-tuk, tasting Cambodian street food, seeing the sights and visiting the city’s bustling markets, with a local guide by your side.
Hungry? We hope so! On this food-focused tour you’ll not only get to feel like a local — you’ll get to eat like one, too. Breezing through the city in a tuk-tuk, you’ll have the chance to explore Phnom Penh’s vibrant street food scene, from roadside stands to bustling market stalls, for a whole evening of eating, drinking and discovering how locals enjoy this energetic city.
Your Cambodian foodie adventure begins close to the beautiful Royal Palace. Get acquainted with your local guide as you stroll the streets towards our first stop, the Central Market. Together we will explore the fresh seafood and local fruit stalls, check out the best BBQ and spring roll stalls and admire some of the more unusual (to Westerners anyway) street food options like fried cricket and spider. This is authentic Phnom Penh at it’s best and it’s truly unforgettable.
We’ll leave the market and continue to explore the street food stalls that line the streets, stopping to taste authentic Khmer delicacies, and maybe sitting down with the locals in some of our favourite hidden foodie hotspots. Be adventurous and you will have the opportunity to try dishes such as traditional grilled beef skewers with sliced bread and pickled papaya, grilled fish and duck fetus egg.
The Independence Monument is next on our agenda, for a quick insight into the city’s history and a great opportunity for collecting those all-important holiday snaps.
Then we’ll hop on our tuk-tuk and ride off towards the night market, enjoying the buzz of the streets and the wind in our hair as we race across town.
At the market, you’ll try Cambodian noodle soup or a Khmer curry, depending on your preference, and soak up the sights and smells of this frenetic place.
Our penultimate, spectacular stop will be the stunningly illuminated Wat Phnom Pagoda, where we’ll have a chance to take some photos and your guide can answer any questions about the city that you’ve yet to ask.
Finally, we’ll end with a very special and traditional dinner at one of our favourite local restaurants, including dessert. As we eat, your guide will talk to you about what it’s like to live in Phnom Penh and share some more stories about its history and people
Your guide will then escort you back to your accommodation or alternatively they will happily provide some recommendations on other places to visit and perhaps have a drink so that your night out can continue!
- Transportation by Cambodian tuk-tuk
- Local English-speaking guide
- Khmer snacks
- Bottle of water or fruit shake or beers.
- Additional food and drinks that are not mentioned in the inclusions listed above
- any entrance fees during or after the end of the tour
- tips/gratuities for guide and drivers.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Phnom Penh Street Food by Night tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Phnom Penh Street Food by Night tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Phnom Penh Street Food by Night tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front Entrance of National Museum of Phnom Penh (Preah Ang Eng St. (13), Phnom Penh)Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.