- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the most highlighted sites of the city
- Learn about the history of Phnom Penh and Cambodia
- Explore the Silver Pagoda
- Visit the genocide museum
Today, you will join a group tour and your guide will pick up from a few different hotels, so the pickup time is variable between 7:30am to 8:30am. Your guide will take you to the Royal Palace, built in 1866 by the French after King Norodom relocated the royal capital from Oudong. Located on the western banks of the Tonle Sap and Mekong River, the palace complex features stunning Khmer architecture, divided into 4 main compounds.
The grounds of the palace are also home to the Silver Pagoda, which received its name because its floor is made of 5,329 silver tiles. Learn about the Khmer kings, resident at all times, with the exception of the period when the Khmer Rouge took control in 1975. See gold and jeweled Buddha statues in the Silver Pagoda, and the Angkor Wat style Bell Tower.
Then, learn about the turbulent years of the Khmer Rouge at the infamous Tuol Sleng Museum. Located in a former high school that was used as the notorious Security Prison 21, the Genocide Museum traces the story of the Killing Fields and the torture and executions that took place from 1975-79. See exhibits that tell the stories of some of the estimated 20,000 prisoners that were killed.
Return to the city center and get stunning views of the Tonle Sap and Mekong River Side before tour ends.
This tour concludes with return transfer to your hotel or any requested drop off point within the city center.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sharing tuk tuk (01 and 02 pax) or an air conditioned vehicle (3 or more) during tour
- Local live English speaking guide
- Cold bottled water
- All Entrance fee/Admission fees (Genocide Museum is 5USD/pax, Royal Palace & Silver pagoda is 10USD/pax and Killing fields is 3USD/pax)
- Audio guide
- Cambodia visa
- Foods and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Other personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.