- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- age_requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Travel by local remork (tuk tuk) and boat down the Mekong
- Explore an island in the Mekong, discovering the local way of life
- See fishing and agriculture and try your hand at local silk weaving
- Wander around local villages, visit a local family’s house and sample Khmer snacks and fruits
Sunset boat cruises aren't just for perfect Pacific Island paradises. Cambodia can also do a mean sunset cruise, so join this Phnom Penh tour to spend a lazy afternoon among the agriculture of Mekong Island, followed by a cruise past wats, pagodas, and palaces.
Start your Phnom Penh Mekong tour off with some excitement, as we pick you up by moto-remork (aka Cambodian tuk tuk) in preparation for your chilled afternoon exploring local Cambodian life.
Head out of Phnom Penh on the Japanese Friendship Bridge, which was blown up during fighting in 1975 and reconstructed by the Japanese in 1993, before catching a vehicle ferry across the mighty Mekong River to Mekong Island.
Mekong Island is famous for silk weaving, agriculture and aquaculture, and we'll stop to see the silk weavers at work in the village, where you can purchase some of the local product if you wish.
Explore a Buddhist temple and experience the simple lifestyle of the local people around 85% of who earn their living from agriculture or aquaculture. See fields of rice, morning glory, fruit, visit local family’s house and enjoy Khmer snacks. Look around the Vietnamese village and see the fishing boats, floating fish farms, and the pretty Catholic Church.
Next up, it's time for the Mekong tour part! Say goodbye to the tuk tuk and board a boat to enjoy sunset from the water at the junction of the Tonle Bassac, Tonle Sap, and the mighty Mekong Rivers. Enjoy seeing the distinctive architecture of Cambodia where Khmer influenced buildings such as Wat Ounalom, the Royal Palace, and the Silver Pagoda meet French colonial buildings, some renovated some ravaged by neglect and the war.
After the Mekong boat tour and gorgeous sunset, we'll return you back to Phnom Penh and back to your hotel.
- Transportation via tuk tuk
- Vehicle barge
- Local English speaking guide
- Local boat with life jackets
- Khmer snacks.
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Mekong Sunset tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mekong Sunset tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mekong Sunset tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front Entrance of National Museum of Phnom Penh, Address: Preah Ang Eng St. (13), Phnom Penh.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.