- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander among the extravagantly decorated temples of Angkor and learn about the site’s rich interweaving of history and legend. You'll have a 3 day pass so as well as our guided tours you can return on your own to further immerse yourself in the beauty and mystery
- Discover a land of contrasts and turbulent history, nowhere more visible than in Phnom Penh. Visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) as well as the opulent Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda
- Dine at the Friends restaurant in Phomn Penh, and KOTO in Hanoi, to not only taste delicious local food but also supporting organisations promoting and protecting disadvantaged local children
- Enjoy a relaxing boat ride down the Mekong River before stopping to experience a slice of local life with an overnight stay at a family guesthouse. The cultural exchange is often the highlight of many travellers trips
From Vietnam to Cambodia, discover incredible diversity, delectable cuisines, dramatic histories and natural beauty. Travel to Cambodia and delve into the dramatic Khmer legacy in Phnom Penh and explore the intricate temples of Angkor Wat. Travel to Vietnam and view the country's colourful history on the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh City, and explore the colonial-era architecture of Hanoi. This trip offers places of breathtaking beauty, from the backwaters of the Mekong Delta, to the temples of Cambodia and the wonder of Halong Bay. Add a mix of friendly locals and age-old traditions to ensure the ultimate South East Asian experience.
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Phan Rang/Overnight Train
- Guesthouse (1 night), Hotel (16 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 18 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Boat , Private minibus , Overnight sleeper train , Plane , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda
- Siem Reap - Leader-led orientation walk
- Siem Reap - Lunch at Sala Bai
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Banteay Srei Temple visit
- Siem Reap - Village visit
- Hanoi - Welcome Dinner
- Mekong Delta - Boat cruise with visits to local producers
- Mekong Delta - Local Dinner
- Mekong Delta - Lunch
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Phan Rang - Vinh Hy Bay snorkelling
- Phan Rang - Hang Rai fossilised coral reefs
- Phan Rang - Bau Nai fish market & salt fields
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Old Town Lunch
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Perfume River cruise & Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Lunch at Nunnery
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Tour
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda & HCM stilt house
- Hanoi - Local water puppet performance
- Hanoi - KOTO lunch
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Halong Bay - Lunch on Boat
- Halong Bay - Dinner on Boat
- Any international flights to Phnom Penh and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Cambodia & Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 138+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Cambodia & Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Cambodia & Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Cambodia & Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge is a painful, but unavoidable, part of Cambodia's recent history. We visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, which can be confronting. Please let your leader know if you do not want to visit these sights
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a level of modesty. You will need to bring clothes that cover the shoulders and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot
- At your guesthouse in the Mekong Delta region, you’ll have simple twin share or double rooms. Amenities may be shared with cold water only. It’s not exactly the Hilton, but most travellers find it the highlight of their trip
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- There is an included day trip from Phan Rang with the opportunity for snorkelling. Let you leader know if you have any concerns about water based activities
- While there is no 'best' time of year to visit these destinations, it's best to check the seasonal patterns on our country information page so you can plan your trip accordingly
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers