- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go market to table during an immersive cooking class with a local chef in Phnom Penh
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste the best pepper in the world
- A homestay in the village of Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of rural life in Cambodia
- Eat for a cause with dinner at a Phnom Penh restaurant that not only serves delicious modern Cambodian cooking, but helps the local youth too
Cambodia has a unique and ancient food culture all its own, and unlike Thai and Vietnamese it's probably fairly difficult to find a bowl of it in your local neighbourhod. Using pepper rather than chilli to add spice, Cambodian cuisine is laden with fresh herbs, spices, rice, freshwater fish and condiments. And while there are influences from French and Thai styles, Cambodian food has a distinct style and flavour that's best experienced while seated at a local beer hall or family home. While travelling from Phnom Penh through to Siem Reap, discover the sights, sounds and flavours of Kampot, Battambang, Banteay Chhmar and Angkor Wat, and marvel at a cuisine, culture and population so special that you will very quickly be won over for life.
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
- Hotel (8 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Bus , Cyclo , Remork , Bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Phnom Penh - Welcome Dinner
- Phnom Penh - Cyclo Food and City Tour
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Kampot - Orientation walk with local tipples
- Kampot - Phnom Chhnork
- Kampot - Food tour and lunch
- Kampot - Pepper plantation & salt field visit
- Phnom Penh - Khmer Cooking Class and Market Tour
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Banteay Chhmar - Temple Visit
- Siem Reap - Angkor Silk Farm
- Banteay Chhmar - Village Market Tour and Cooking Demonstration
- Siem Reap - Street Food Tour
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Any international flights to Phnom Penh and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cambodia can get very hot, and even temple-hopping can take it out of you quickly. Remember to use sun protection and drink plenty of water.
The bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge is a painful but important part of Cambodian history to confront. If you would rather not visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, just let your leader know.
This trip involves a long day of driving from Phnom Penh to Battambang (Day 5). Cambodian roads can also be rough and bumpy, and delays are sometimes unavoidable. A dash of patience will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country!
The facilities at your homestay in Banteay Chhmar are simple – a thin mattress on the floor, with pillow and mosquito net provided. Bathroom facilities at the homestay are shared and often consist of an Asian squat-style toilet. However, the rewards of such an authentic local experience are immeasurable.
You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
You may also want to consider our trip Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure if you have more time to explore South East Asia.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions