- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go market to table during an immersive cooking class with a local chef in Phnom Penh
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste the best pepper in the world
- A homestay in the village of Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of rural life in Cambodia
- Eat for a cause with dinner at a Phnom Penh restaurant that not only serves delicious modern Cambodian cooking, but helps the local youth too
Cambodia has a unique and ancient food culture all its own, and unlike Thai and Vietnamese it's probably fairly difficult to find a bowl of it in your local neighbourhod. Using pepper rather than chilli to add spice, Cambodian cuisine is laden with fresh herbs, spices, rice, freshwater fish and condiments. And while there are influences from French and Thai styles, Cambodian food has a distinct style and flavour that's best experienced while seated at a local beer hall or family home. While travelling from Phnom Penh through to Siem Reap, discover the sights, sounds and flavours of Kampot, Battambang, Banteay Chhmar and Angkor Wat, and marvel at a cuisine, culture and population so special that you will very quickly be won over for life.
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
- Hotel (8 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 6 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 4 Dinner
- Private Vehicle , Bus , Cyclo , Remork , Bicycle
- Phnom Penh - Welcome Dinner
- Phnom Penh - Cyclo Food and City Tour
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Kampot - Orientation walk with local tipples
- Kampot - Phnom Chhnork
- Kampot - Food tour and lunch
- Kampot - pepper plantation visit & salt field tour
- Phnom Penh - Khmer Cooking Class and Market Tour
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Banteay Chhmar - Temple Visit
- Siem Reap - Angkor Silk Farm
- Banteay Chhmar - Village Market Tour and Cooking Demonstration
- Siem Reap - Street Food Tour
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Any international flights to Phnom Penh and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 46+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 02 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of Cambodia's cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. If you have dietary requirements, simply contact your agent at the time of booking for further information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed!
- This trip involves a long day of driving from Phnom Penh to Battambang (Day 5). Cambodian roads can also be rough and bumpy, and delays are sometimes unavoidable. A dash of patience will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country!
- The facilities at your homestay in Banteay Chhmar are simple – a thin mattress on the floor, with pillow and mosquito net provided. Bathroom facilities at homestay are shared and often consist of an Asian squat-style toilet. However, the rewards of such an authentic local experience are immeasurable.
- Cambodia can get very hot, and even temple-hopping can take it out of you quickly. Remember to use sun protection and drink plenty of water.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions