- Mountain biking
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- See the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping, taking in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures of this South East Asian hotspot.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a guided backstreets bike tour – weaving through small villages and rice paddies, you’ll see local life firsthand.
- Discover traditional Khmer villages and their dedication to reforestation on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing the day away in a hammock at a rural homestay with your small group.
- Angkor what? Temple hop through the Angkor complex and surrounding jungle by private minibus and bike, allowing you to discover this incredible site from unique perspectives.
- Paddle through spectacular flooded forests of Stung Treng by kayak and try to spot rare Irrawaddy dolphins from the water on a boat excursion along parts of the Mekong River.
Cambodia’s incredible beauty, fantastic food and unique culture are even better when combined with some outdoor adventure. Get active on a nine-day exploration of the country’s verdant countryside, Khmer history and welcoming communities – hiking, biking and kayaking through its heart. Explore Phnom Penh and visit the haunting monuments dedicated to Cambodia’s tragic past, take to the Mekong for an island homestay, get up close with Irrawaddy dolphins and explore spectacular flooded forests, then discover the ancient temple ruins of the incredible Angkor complex by foot and mountain bike. From Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, you’ll see Cambodia in all its natural glory.
Day 1:Phnom Penh
Day 2:Cycling in Phnom Penh
Day 3:Cycling in Kratie/Koh Trong
Day 4:Hiking in Stung Treng
Day 5:Kayaking in Stung Treng
Day 6:Siem Reap
Day 7:Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Day 8:Cycling in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Day 9:Siem Reap
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Bicycle , Boat , Private minibus , Kayak
- An expert tour leader
- Phnom Penh - Mekong Island cycling
- Koh Trong - Cycling
- Koh Trong - Village walk
- Kratie - Wat Phnom Sambok Temple
- Kampi - Dolphin boat tour
- Stung Treng - Kayaking
- Steung Treng - Sopheakmit Waterfall
- Stung Treng - Mekong River cruise and hike
- Beng Mealea - Beng Mealea Temple
- Siem Reap - Leader-led orientation walk
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Phnom Bok Temple
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples cycling tour
- Any international flights to Phnom Penh and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cambodia: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 February 2022, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cambodia: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia: Hike, Bike & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an active and varied tour with a number of activities to get your pulse going. While specific prior training isn't necessary, some travellers have found parts of the itinerary quite challenging and a reasonably high level of fitness is needed to get the best out of the experience.
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- This trip involves some long days of driving, so some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here.
- At times our accommodation may not have continuous hot water. Most travellers don’t find this a problem and are often keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
- Cambodia can get very hot, so days cycling, or even temple hopping can take it out of you quickly. We recommend packing adequate clothing, sun protection, and that you always have lots of water with you
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions