- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
On this bike tour we explore the history and culture of Cambodia by bicycle, starting as far back as the 7th Century. Our cycling adventure starts in Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia since the French colonisation of Indochina, once known as the "Pearl of Asia." We ride through the scenery of Cambodia's countryside to Oudong, exploring villages and getting a feel for local life away from the sights and sounds of the city. Then on to the hills of Phnom Oudong to see a variety of chedis and stupas built in traditional Khmer style.
Spending the day cycling from temple to temple, we visit one of the oldest temple complexes of Cambodia in Sambor Prey Kuk. Then we transfer to Siem Reap and enter the symbol of Cambodia, Angkor Wat. We'll immerse ourselves in the 12th century when the Khmer empire was at its height. At this UNESCO World Heritage Site, we'll explore the high classical Khmer architecture and how it is the best preserved temple complex of both Hinduism and Buddhism.
Our journey of discovery will continue beyond the main temple complex to Banteay Srey and Kbal Spean. Riding our bikes through the countryside, we'll be greeted by friendly locals and get a deeper understanding of their lives. On our last night, we'll enjoy a sunset cruise on Tonle Sap lake.
We cycle a total of 238 km on mixture of tarmac and dirt roads through Cambodia’s tucked away countryside, taking in the sights, smells, and tastes of rural Cambodia. Mingling with locals in the countryside and exploring UNESCO World Heritage Sites, this tour is the perfect mix of Cambodia's must see spots and venturing off the tourist track.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike Included
- Any international flights to Phnom Penh and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia Heritage by Bicycle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 78 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 52 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 442 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 03 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cambodia Heritage by Bicycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia Heritage by Bicycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2