- Road trips
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This trip has been upgraded to our comfort style for 2020, you'll get to stay in twin share resort style accommodation and you'll even stay in a gorgeous Eco Retreat at Karijini National Park
- Explore Western Australia’s desert landscapes, national parks and spectacular Coral Coast on the ultimate trip through the ultimate state.
- Experience the rugged beauty of WA in comfort and style with the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the luxury of ensuite accommodation.
- Peer into the ecologically diverse underwater world of Ningaloo Reef by glassbottom boat or snorkel, and swim with the gentle beasts of the deep in season.
Western Australia is made for adventure and you’ll get the best of it with this all-encompassing exploration of natural wonders, vast expanses, and otherworldly landscapes. Leave from Perth, then hug the incredible coastline of WA, making forays inland to experience Australia’s iconic red earth and classic cattle stations. Near Kalbarri, wonder at the strange limestone formations of The Pinnacles, descend into the depths of Z-Bend Gorge, and find out about the world's oldest living organisms. Get to know the local marine life at Coral Bay, Ningaloo Reef and Shark Bay World Heritage area, then take in reef and rock, splashing in Karijini National Park’s swimming holes. Explore Broome, then finish this incredible overland journey on one of its superb beaches. This super-sized state is home to a super-sized Aussie adventure.
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Pinnacles Desert & Kalbarri National Park
Pinnacles Desert & Kalbarri National Park
Shark Bay World Heritage Area
Karijini National Park
Port Hedland & Pardoo Station
- 11 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- All Terrain vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Nambung National Park - Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance
- Hampton Rd Historical Walk
- Kalbarri National Park - Kalbarri National Park Entrance
- Pink Lake
- Murchison Gorge
- Nature's Window
- Z-Bend Gorge
- Shell Beach
- Coral Bay - Monkey Mia Dolphins
- Hamelin Pool
- Circular Pool
- Fern Pool
- Fortescue Falls
- Karijini Gorges
- Old Broome City Tour
- Matsos Broome Brewery
- Japanese Cemetary and Broome Port
- Gantheaume Point
- Any international flights to Perth and from Broome are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this West Coast Encompassed Northbound tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 135+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this West Coast Encompassed Northbound tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
West Coast Encompassed Northbound tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this West Coast Encompassed Northbound tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Kimberley Wild Expeditions. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Kimberley Wild Expeditions customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Kimberley Wild Expeditions to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- On some days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of Australia. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. Think of it as a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie.
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. The hike in Karijini National Park is challenging. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing. You will need two pairs of shoes, one that can get wet.
- Temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- The night at Pardoo Cattle Station is more basic accommodation with shared facilities.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers