- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling through the heart of the Scottish Highlands
- Exploring the quaint villages which are full of historical intrigue
- Experiencing the timelessness of the lochs
- Visiting castles and taking side trips to experience the landscape further on foot
Cycle the picturesque Scottish Highlands enjoying the mountain peaks, lochs and glens of the Scottish Highlands. The Scottish Highlands have long been a favoured destination for cyclists and walkers keen to experience the mountain peaks, shimmering lochs and pretty glens. During this week long trip, you will take the backroads and country paths where cycle touring is pleasurable. Enroute you will visit charming historic towns such as Dunkeld, and the peaceful lochside towns of Kenmore, Lochearnhead, and Killin. A rest day at Killin is included to allow you time to visit the Falls of Dochart, sail the Loch or walk up Ben Lawers. En route there are opportunities to take a forest walk or visit one of the many castles and ancient monuments found along the way.
Day 1 : Arrive Perth
Day 2 : Cycle to Dunkeld 28 km/17.5 miles or 42 km/26 miles
Day 3 : Cycle to Aberfeldy 29 km/18 miles or 31 km/19 miles
Day 4 : Cycle to Killin 39 km/24 miles
Day 5 : Rest day Killin or a 53 km/35 miles round trip
Day 6 : Cycle alongside Earn Loch to Crieff 45 km/28 miles
Day 7 : Cycle to Perth 45 km/32 miles
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights in 3 or 4 star guesthouses on a twin share basis with private facilities
- Transfer of luggage between accommodation – One case or bag and one small item of hand luggage per person (up to 15kg per person).
- 7 full Scottish breakfasts
- Map, GPX files, travel documentation and emergency service
- 24 Speed hybrid cycles equipped with rear pannier bags, helmet, pump, tool kit, lock, map holder, cycle computer, water bottle. E-bikes supplement £80
- Travel to and from Perth
- Drinks, lunches and dinners
- Items of a personal nature
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 63 today.
- Save US$ 42+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lochs and Bens tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Lochs and Bens tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lochs and Bens tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.