- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16-65 yrs
- max group size 4
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 4950 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Tour Code BM-16754
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Spanish
- Climb to the top of the glaciated volcano of Nevado de Santa Isabel
- Hike through a paramo landscape, a unique ecosystem found only in this region
- Travel through a cloud forest, see exotic flora and fauna
- Stay in quaint mountain farmhouses, get the taste of the Andean way of living
Enjoy our private pickup service from Pereira's airport and drive to Potosi, a farming area just outside Los Nevados National Park. Start hiking from the the Nevado de Santa Isabel trailhead, which starts at an altitude of 4000m above sea level.
Climb to the top of the Santa Isabel Volcano. See glacier lakes along the way. Travel to Laguna de Otun, a lake fed by the Santa Isabel Glacier. Enjoy walking through the lush green landscape of a paramo, a variety of alpine tundra ecosystems known for being home to spongy species of plants with succulent stems used to store moisture. See frailejones (cactus-like plants), rabbits and Andean condors along the way.
Travel through a cloud forest whose lower parts are dominated by giant wax palm trees, the tallest palm trees in the world that shoot up to 60m into the sky. End your journey in the Cocora Valley. Visit the quaint, colonial town of Salento, known for its colorful, sprawling mansions, and drive to the airport for your departure flight.
Day 1: Pereira - Potosi
Day 2: Climb Santa Isabel Volcano
Day 3: Otun Lake
Day 4: Tolima Volcano & cloud forest
Day 5: Wax palm forest and Cocora Valley
- Private transfers: pick up and drop off at Pereira's airport
- Accommodation as mentioned on the itinerary
- All meals starting from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 5
- Experienced, professional guides
- Entrance fees to the national park
- Mountaineering equipment: harnesses, ropes, crampons and sleeping bags
- Flights to and from Pereira
- Personal trekking gear: backpacks boots, trekking poles, etc
- Trail food and meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Save US$ 53 today.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThis is a high-altitude trek. You will spend your first night at an altitude of 3,930m and trek to the height of 4,950m on Day 2. We recommend acclimatizing in Bogota (2640m) for at least 2 days prior to this trip to avoid altitude sickness. The physical demand of this trip is very high, with days 2 to 5 involving 6 to 10 hours of high-altitude trekking on moderate to steep terrain everyday. You need to be physically fit to participate in this adventure. You will need to carry a backpack with trail water, food, a sleeping bag and your personal belongings (clothes, personal medicine, etc) by yourself Weather conditions do not always allow for reaching Nevado de Santa Isabel's highest point. Your guide will determine whether it is safe to make an attempt to the top.