- National parks
- Nature and bush walks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 4
- Hike to the Santa Isabel Glacier, located 4700m above sea level
- Visit the Otun Quimbaya Flora and Fauna Sanctuary.
- Hike through Valle del Cocora, see hummingbirds and the tallest palm trees in the world
Colombia is not just famous for its coffee but also for its varied geography, immense biodiversity and scenic landscapes. This hike will take you through an area of Los Nevados known for its collection of glaciated volcanoes and past the Cocora Valley.
Enjoy the beauty of the quaint town of Salento and its sprawling colonial houses. Learn more about the unique paramo environment, part of the alpine tundra ecosystem that is found only in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador. Walk through cloud forests full of exotic birds and flowers and past Andean farms thousands of meters above sea level and far removed from civilization.
End your journey in Eje Cafetero. We will drive you to Pereira Airport from where you will take your flight back home.
Day 1: Pereira - Chinchina - Manizales
Day 2: Los Nevados National Park
Day 3: Otun Lake
Day 4: Otun Quimbaya Flora and Fauna Sanctuary
Day 5: Salento & Cocora Valley
- Private transportation (pickup and drop off from and to Pereira Airport)
- Accommodations as mentioned on the itinerary
- All meals, starting from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 5
- An experienced guide
- Entrance fees to the places mentioned on the itinerary
- Flights to and from Pereira
- Personal trekking gear (backpacks, boots, hiking sticks, etc)
- Meals apart from those mentioned on the itinerary
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationYou will be travelling through high altitude areas during much of this trek. We recommend that you acclimatize in Bogota (2640m) for at least 1 day prior to this trip to avoid altitude sickness. You will need to carry a backpack with trail water, trail food, a sleeping bag and your personal belongings (clothes, medicine, etc)