- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit one of the most remote countries in the world.
- Enjoy a meeting and lecture with a monk about Buddhist culture in Bhutan.
- Learn how to cook ema datshi (chili cheese) with a local farm family.
- Hike along peaceful nature trails and thrilling cliffs.
Set out on an adventure through the remote Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, the only country in the world that measures its progress in terms of happiness. Explore timeless mountain villages, spectacular fortresses, and ornate shrines as you travel across this bastion of Buddhist culture, and meet local people from different walks of life to gain insights into the secrets of Bhutan’s wellbeing.
Day 1: Paro/Thimphu
Day 2: THIMPHU/PUNAKHA
Day 3: PUNAKHA
Day 4: PUNAKHA/GANGTEY
Day 5: GANGTEY
Day 6: GANGTEY/THIMPHU
Day 7: THIMPHU/HAA
Day 8: HAA/PARO
Day 9: Paro
Day 10: Paro
- Hotel/lodges (9 nts).
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 9 dinners
- Private vehicle, walking, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Meet a Buddhist Monk, Thimphu
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Family Farm Meal, Gangtey Gonpa
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Lecture on Gross National Happiness, Thimphu
- Arrival and departure transfer
- Visit the Rimpung Dzong
- Hike to Punakha Dzong monastery and fertility shrine
- Visit the town of Wangdue and walk to Khamsum Yueley Chorten shrine
- Visit the village of Khewa
- Black-Necked Crane Centre visit
- Hike to the monastery of Gangtey Goempa
- Walk across Phobjikha and Khewa valleys
- Visit the National Library, the Institute for Zorig Chusum (arts and crafts) and the Thimphu Chorten
- Hike to Kila Goempa nunnery
- Explore shrines and temples of the Haa Valley
- Visit the fortress of Drukgyal Dzong and hike to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest)
- Visit Kyichu Lhakhang Temple
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Paro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonders of Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 190 today.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders of Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders of Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.