- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Paro Enjoy a guided tour of the city, including the National Museum and Rinphung Dzong
- Thimphu Explore Bhutan’s capital city on a full day sightseeing tour, including the Memorial Chorten, National Library, Drubthob Nunnery, Folk Heritage Museum and Takin Preserve
- Dochula Pass See an incredible panorama of Himalayan peaks
- Punakha Valley Visit the beautiful Punakha Dzong, hike up to Chimi Lhakhand Temple and camp beside the scenic Mo Chu River
Get off the beaten track and discover the wonders of Bhutan, an isolated nation which has retained its age old customs, traditions and lifestyle. Then continue on to Kathmandu to explore Nepal with its breathtaking mountain scenery, ancient temples, wonderful wildlife and more. Take in the best of these two captivating Himalayan Kingdoms in 15 days.
Day: 1 Paro
Day: 2 Thimphu
Day: 3 Thimphu
Day: 4 Punakha
Day: 5 Punakha
Day: 6 Paro
Day: 7 Paro
Day: 8 Kathmandu
Day: 9-10 Chitwan National Park
Day: 11 Pokhara
Day: 12 Boating on Lake Phewa
Day: 13 R&R in Pokhara
Day: 14 Kathmandu
Day: 15 Kathmandu
- 5 nights 3-4 star hotels and 1 night camping near the banks of scenic Mo Chu River - in Bhutan, 8 nights 4 star hotels - in Nepal
- 14 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners including dinner at a Nepali cultural evening
- Traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house, giving you the opportunity to interact with a local family
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 & day 15 (only)
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles
- Guided sightseeing of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and the Punakha Valley, Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Pokhara
- Escorted by a licensed English-speaking local tour guide
- Economy class flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Chitwan National Park jeep safari in the buffer zone, jungle activities and park fees
- Rickshaw ride in Kathmandu
- Boating on Lake Phewa in Pokhara
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing in Bhutan
- All Bhutan government royalties and taxes
- Bhutan Visa fee and travel Permit (excludes visa admin fee of USD$20 pp, payable upon arrival)
- All international flights (including the flight from Paro to Kathmandu)
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Nepal visa and Bhutan visa administration fee payable upon arrival USD$20
- Entrance Fees: USD$45-55pp, paid in local currency in Nepal
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 211 today.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Bhutan & Nepal - 15 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Bhutan & Nepal - 15 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Bhutan & Nepal - 15 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?