- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Taktsang Monastery, Drukgyel Dzong, Paro Dzong & National Museum
- Ancient capital of Punakha and the impressive Punakha Dzong
- Experience the rich culture of Bhutan
- Enjoy a fully supported camping based trekking with three hearty meals per day
Follow the Haa Valley Rice Planter's Trail on this cultural odyssey. If you are looking for a short and gentle walk in Bhutan combined with some well planned sightseeing, then look no further. We start with the magnificent Taktsang Monastery before heading out to the Haa Valley, where we commence a superb 3 day trek, also known as “The Haa Planters’ Trail”. This ancient path was used by rice planters from the Haa Valley on their way to Paro during the rice planting season. Although relatively short and reaching modest altitudes, it is a wonderful walk that delivers in all ways - great views, dramatic scenery, cultural interaction and Bhutan's famous rhododendron forests which bloom each spring from mid March to June. Our cultural journey of discovery through this remarkable Buddhist kingdom continues with visits to Wangduephodrang, Thimphu and the ancient capital of Punakha and the impressive Punakha Dzong, and gain a fascinating insight into this extraordinary country.
Day 1 : Join Paro
Day 2 : In Paro
Day 3 : Paro Valley, Taktsang Monastery (3100m)
Day 4 : Drive to Haa Valley (2712m) and commence trek to Yatong (2735m), walk approx. 3 - 4hrs
Day 5 : To Saga La (3720m), walk approx. 4-5 hrs
Day 6 : Trek to Drukyel Dzong, walk approx. 1 hour and transfer to Thimphu
Day 7 : Thimphu and Wanguephodrang
Day 8 : Visit to the ancient capitol Punakha & Punakha Dzong, return to Paro.
Day 9 : Trip concludes Paro
- Good quality accommodation in Paro, Thimphu & Wangdi
- 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 9
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Animals to carry 20kgs personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights
- Bottled water
- Aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 150 today.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Haa Valley Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Haa Valley Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Haa Valley Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.