- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy amazing views of surrounding hills and mountains from the Pelela Pass
- Explore museums & monasteries in Punakha
- Hike up to the amazing cliffhanging monastery of Tiger’s Nest
- See major sights of Paro and Thimpu during sightseeing tours
Start your trip with a sightseeing tour of Thimphu, the political and economic center of Bhutan and a living gallery of traditional Bhutanese culture, before heading for Punakha. See panoramic views of the Himalayas from the Dochula Pass on the way to Punakha and take a short hike through a scenic forest while travelling to Chimi La Khang, commonly known as the Fertility Temple.
Travel all the way to the Pelela Pass and enjoy amazing views of the Himalayas, including Mount Jhomulhari (7,314m). Hike up a cliff face to reach the well-known Taktshang Monastery, also called Tiger’s Nest. Discover Bhutanese history and culture during your visit to monasteries and while exploring some of the most important museums of the country, including the National Museum of Bhutan in Paro.
Get the opportunity to interact with the locals throughout the tour. For more details about this 7-day tour, please read the itinerary.
Our guide at Bhutan was very knowledgeable on the history of Bhutan and was able to answer all our questions. The meals, accommodations, and transport were great.
Our highlight from this trip was hiked to Tigers Nest Monastery, the view of the mountains and valleys were awesome.
Overall we were left with a beyond great experience.”
Day 1: Arrive in Paro –Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu sightseeing – Punakha
Day 3: Punakha – Trongsa – Bumthang
Day 4: Bumthang sightseeing
Day 5: Bumthang – Paro
Day 6: Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Day 7: Paro departure
- Airport transfers: both pickup and drop off services
- A minimum of 3-star accommodation on a twin-sharing basis (4/5 star hotels may be booked at an additional cost) and tented camps if/where necessary
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and tea/coffee with snacks
- Mineral water during the tour and at meals
- Services of a government-licensed & experienced English-speaking Bhutanese tour guide
- Tours/sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Temple, monastery and museum entrance fees
- Medical facilities if necessary (consulting doctors & medicine)
- Bhutan visa fees of USD40 per person
- Tourism Development Fund: USD10 per person
- International flight tickets
- Domestic flights within Bhutan
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.