- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4040 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Cross a chain of mountains that separates two valleys
- Revel in beautiful valleys, dense forests and snow capped mountains
- Experience Bhutan's unique culture and village excursions
- Observe ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples
The trek begins via apple orchards and pine forests past a ruined Jele Dzong (fortress), which sits on a high grassy ridge overlooking breathtaking views of Mount Jumolhari to the north. In the next four days, we climb above the tree line and cross several passes including the Phume La (4210m). En route, we come across amazing clear mountain lakes, a number of yak herder’s camps and the splendid view of the Himalayas. At the end of the trail, descend through the pine and juniper forests via Phadjoding monasteries and head to the capital of Bhutan.
Day 1: Arrive in Paro
Day 2: Paro valley sightseeing & hike to Taktsang Monastery
Day 3: Trek Paro – Jele Dzong
Day 4: Trek from Jele Dzong – Tshokam
Day 5: Tshokam – Jimilangtso
Day 6: Trek from Jimilangtso – Simkota
Day 7: Trek from Simkota – Phajoding
Day 8: Trek from Phajoding to Thimphu
Day 9: Drive Thimphu – Paro
Day 10: Farewell
- Airport transfers
- A minimum of 3 star base twin sharing accommodation (4/5-star may require additional costs) and tented camp where necessary
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and tea/coffee with snacks
- Mineral water during the tour and at meals
- Services of a government licensed and experienced English speaking Bhutanese tour guide
- Tours / sightseeing specified in the itinerary
- Temple, monastery and museum entrance fees
- Medical facilities (consulting doctors and medicine)
- Trekking Guide and trekking cook along with supporting staff
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- Pack ponies as and when required for trekking
- Bhutan visa fee of US $ 40 per person
- Tourism Development Fund of US$ 10 per person
- International flight (to/from Paro)
- Domestic flight within Bhutan
- Your travel Insurance
- Personal expenses, including laundry, telephone, bar and beverage bills
- Tips for guide and driver
- Save US$ 67+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationVisa paper/permit will be sent to clients. Single supplementary charges of $ 30 per person per night.