- Sightseeing tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the Land of the Thunder Dragons
- Explore the Country's Rich Culture
- Fall in Love With Untouched Natural Beauty
This Cultural tour of Bhutan offers an insight into the rich cultural heritage, religious history, stunning landscapes and unique Bhutanese ways of life. This tour covers Bhutan’s must-see highlights, casting aside western influences and creating fresh trails that burst with vibrancy and spirituality.
Discover the stunning Paro Valley, its rich culture, scenic beauty and hundreds of myths and legends. Embark on short hiking tours to Taksang Monastery (Tiger’s nest). Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan, is probably the only city without traffic lights, and you can really enjoy yourself exploring its most important cultural sites, monuments, unique culture and tradition, people, and villages.
The highlight of this tour will be be trip to visit Punakha Dzong, which stands majestically at the junction of the two rivers Pho Chu (Male River) and Mo Chu (Female River).
Day 1: Arrival at Paro, sightseeing and transfer to Thimpu
Day 2: Thimpu - Sightseeing
Day 3: Thimpu - Wangdue Phodrang - Punakha
Day 4: Punakha - Paro
Day 5: Departure from Paro
- Transfers Paro Airport - hotel - Paro Airport
- Accommodation in hotel during the stay in Bhutan (Double / Twin sharing basis)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, dinner with tea/coffee)
- Sightseeing Guide (professional English speaking guide)
- Transportation by private vehicle during sightseeing as per itinerary
- Transportation by private vehicle for transfer Paro - Thimpu - Punakha - Paro
- Bhutanese Visa fee and entrance fee
- Airfare Ext. Ktm
- Airfare Ext. Delhi
- Bar bills (any alcohol drinks, mineral water, cold drinks, cigarettes, etc)
- Flight ticket in Bhutan and out from Bhutan
- Personal expenses: laundry, shopping
- Any unseen expenses produced by circumstances beyond our control such as natural disasters
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Tips/gratitude for guide, driver and other supporting staff
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationGENERAL INFORMATION FOR TRAVELERS: All tourists traveling into Bhutan must book package tours through a local travel agent. Entire tariff are fixed by Tourism Authority of Bhutan, which covers travelers all meals, accommodations, transport, guides. This is done in order to keep the number of tourists on level, which does not effects the natural environment or the lifestyle of the nation. VISA: Visa is required for traveling to Bhutan and it is processed in Thimphu through our local tour operator. No foreign Mission/Embassies abroad grants tourist visa. All passport details should be forwarded to the agent at least 3 weeks prior to date of travel for visa processing. CLIMATE: In the central valleys where most tourist activities take place, the winter is dry with temperature up to 18 degree centigrade at daytime. But early morning and evening be very cold. In spring, when the forests are vibrant with red, pink, and white rhododendrons are a beautiful time to visit. From mid March to early June, the weather gradually warms up prior to arrival of the monsoon. The end of September when the rain finished, marks the beginning of autumn clear sky and bright sunshine with temperature falling towards freezing at night. This also, is a magnificent season in which to visit Bhutan. It is worth remembering that the views of High Himalayans are only normally possible from late September to March. Best Season: March, April, May, September, October & November Monsoon: June, July & August. Winter: December, January, & February. NOTE: April & October are high season because they are full of colorful festivals with excellent weather. PHOTOGRAPHY: 16mm film cameras are prohibited in BHUTAN. Also photography in some of the monasteries & Djongs are not allowed. ENVIRONMENT CONSECIOUS: Our CO. is environmentally very conscious. All non-biodegradable of the town ship for the disposal at the dumping sites. Our staff respect ecological and cultural heritage of our country. We would appreciate if our guests co-operate us in the aspect. MONEY: Bhutan unit of currency is called Ngultrum (Nu) with 100 chetrum=1 Ngultrum is at par with Indian rupee. Traveler’s cheques (preferably American Express) is accepted but you must bring some money in US$ cash for incidental expenses on departure and return. So far only American Express credit cards are accepted and that too in limited number of establishment. Approximately US$ 1.00= Nu. 43.00 FLIGHT TICKET: As above package tours do not include airfare, you have choices to start from Kathmandu and end at Bangkok, Delhi, Calcutta, Dhaka or vice versa. Please inquire for the airfares for different sector. NOTE: Besides above itineraries, we also have many other interesting programs both for culture tours & trekking. We also offer exclusive programs upon inquiry. Inquiries are always solicited. You should bring your own sleeping bags. All the above-mentioned prices are subject to change as per rules and regulation.