- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Drive through Dochula Pass (3100m) to view the higher Himalayas of Bhutan
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang, the Temple of Fertility, built in the 15th century
- Visit Punakha Dzong, situated between two rivers
- Tour the famous Tiger's Nest Monastery
The landscape is also incredible. Mount Chomolhari (7,314m) reigns in white glory at the northern end of the valley and its glacial water plunge through deep gorges to form Pa Chhu (Paro River). In just 5-days and 4-nights, you will have the chance to observe this natural beauty along with the lifestyles, culture, traditions, arts and history of the Bhutanese people.
The Annapurna Circuit trek is amazing: you start out trekking in rice-growing, subtropical terrain up the Marsyangda river valley, and in a matter of a few days, trek through temperate, cold and subarctic climate zones to the Thurong La pass at almost 18,000'. You then descend via the Kali Gandaki river valley, the deepest river valley in the world. Every day is different with interesting villages, people, religious monasteries and shrines, mountains and wildlife. I have spent almost 4 months in Nepal, and my very favorite place is the "High Route" via Gyaru and Ngawal villages from Pisang to Manang, which offers breathtaking views into the Grande Barriere of the Annapurna massif.
Although roads are beginning to intrude into the classic AC trek, they can be avoided where desired, and utilized where wanted.
The Everest Base Camp trek begins with an interesting and exciting (!) flight into the airport at Lukla, then trekking up to Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Khumbu region, where you spend an extra day acclimatizing before ascending up through arguably the most stunning mountain views in the world! The mountain scenery there is indescribable, breathtaking, and awe-inspiring! Staying at ever-higher villages - Tengboche, Dengboche, and on up in 5-7 days to Gorak Shep at 17,000. A short trip up Kala Patthar offers one of the best possible views of Mt. Everest. Then you do the return trip, again thru the most breathtaking scenery the world has to offer.”
Day 1: Arrive in Paro
Day 2: Thimphu - Punakha
Day 3: Punakha – Sightseeing in Thimpu
Day 4: Thimpu - Paro with sightseeing and hike to Taktsang
Day 5: Paro: Departure
- Airport transfers
- A minimum of 3-star twin sharing accommodation (4 & 5 star may require additional cost)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea/coffee with snacks)
- Mineral water during the tour and at meals
- Services of a Government licensed & experienced English speaking Bhutanese tour guide
- Tours / sightseeing as specified in the itinerary
- Temple, monastery and museum entrance fees
- Medical facilities if needed (consulting doctors & medicine)
- Tourism Development Fund of US$ 10 per person
- International flight (to and from Paro)
- Domestic flight within Bhutan
- Your travel Insurance
- Laundry, telephone, bar and beverage bills
- Tips for guide and driver
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.