- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Attend the colourful and vibrant Thimphu Festival, Bhutan's biggest cultural event
- Trek in the Bhutan Himalaya from Paro to Thimphu
- Experience a fully supported camping based trek
- Ascend high passes and be rewarded with stunning mountain views
Trek from Paro to Thimphu and take in the colourful Thimphu Festival. Commencing our trip in the beautiful alpine valley of Paro, we take time to explore the areas rich cultural history and stunning scenery, including a day walk to the famous Taktsang Monastery. This prepares us for our trek, which winds through old growth forest to the capital of Thimphu, where the annual festival takes place. Bhutan is host to many cultural and religious festivals, and the Thimphu Tshechu is a spectacle of colourful celebration where onlookers are believed to be blessed with good fortune. Taking place over three days, there are a number of culturally and religiously significant dances. It is an exciting time to be in Bhutan, and the local people turn out in their best traditional dress and jewelry for the occasion. At the conclusion of the festival, we return to Paro via the Simtokha Dzong.
Day 1 : Join Paro
Day 2 : Taktsang Monastery hike
Day 3 : Commence trek to Jele Dzong (3,870m/12,770ft), walk approx 4-5hrs.
Day 4 : Trek to Jangchulakha (3,770m/12,440ft), walk approx. 3-4 hrs.
Day 5 : Trek to Jigmelangtsho (3600m), walk approx. 5-6 hrs.
Day 6 : To Phajoding camp (3650m/12045f), walk approx 6-7hrs.
Day 7 : Trek to Thimphu (2,400m/8,000ft) walk approx. 2-3hrs
Day 8 : Attend the Thimphu Festival
Day 9 : Drive to Punakaha (1,300m/4,500ft) via Simtokha Dzong and Dochu La
Day 10 : Visit Punakha Dzong and transfer to Paro (2,300m/7,600ft)
Day 11 : Trip concludes in Paro
- Good quality accommodation in towns
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 11 only)
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat valued at US$500
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Pack animals to carry all your personal equipment 20kgs
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights
- travel insurance
- aerated & alcoholic drinks
- bottled water
- airport & departure taxes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Thimphu Festival & Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Thimphu Festival & Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Thimphu Festival & Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.