- duration 7 days
- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sightseeing in the Bhutan’s capital, Thimphu
- Travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass and tour the Chimi Lhakhang temple on the way
- Visit the Punakha Dzong and explore the amazing Gangtey village
- Hike to the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Our Last Shangri-la Tour begins with sightseeing in the country’s capital, Thimphu, where we visit landmarks such as the Memorial Chhorten, mini- zoo, National Institute of Traditional Medicine, folk heritage museum and the majestic Tashichho Dzong.
Next, we travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass (3,100 m) and visit the Chimi Lhakhang temple along the way. We will also visit the Punakha Dzong and explore the amazing Gangtey village before heading to Paro.
In the beautiful Paro valley, we visit Rinpung Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang temple. Our tour ends with a hike to the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery, which is a perfect way to end one's journey in the last Shangri-La.
Day 1: Arrival in Paro; transfer to Thimphu
Day 2: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Day 3: Thimphu to Punakha
Day 4: Excursion to Gangtey
Day 5: Punakha to Paro
Day 6: Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Day 7: Departure
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Bhutanese visa fee
- Pickup and drop-off services
- Government approved A and B category hotels on twin- shared basis
- All meals, tea and snacks
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle(s)
- English-speaking, trained and experienced local guide and staff
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Company services and all required Bhutanese government taxes/royalties
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry, etc.)
- Trip cancellation and medical/evacuation insurance
- Tips for staff (guide and driver)
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Save +US$ 129 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 50% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 130 days prior departure. For any bookings within 130 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Hotels in Bhutan are approved and classified by the government as grade A, B and C. These government approved hotels are equivalent to 34 star hotels elsewhere. Based on availability at the time of booking, we will be accommodated in A grade hotels in Paro and Thimphu and a B grade hotel in Punakha. We use Hotel Namgay Heritage in Thimphu, Meri Puensum Resort in Punakha and Tashi Namgay Resort in Paro. All accommodations are on a twinshared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost USD 345.