- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sightseeing in the Bhutan’s capital, Thimphu
- Travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass and tour the Chimi Lhakhang temple on the way
- Visit the Punakha Dzong and explore the amazing Gangtey village
- Hike to the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Our Last Shangri-la Tour begins with sightseeing in the country’s capital, Thimphu, where we visit landmarks such as the Memorial Chhorten, mini- zoo, National Institute of Traditional Medicine, folk heritage museum and the majestic Tashichho Dzong.
Next, we travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass (3,100 m) and visit the Chimi Lhakhang temple along the way. We will also visit the Punakha Dzong and explore the amazing Gangtey village before heading to Paro.
In the beautiful Paro valley, we visit Rinpung Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang temple. Our tour ends with a hike to the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery, which is a perfect way to end one's journey in the last Shangri-La.
Day 1: Arrival in Paro; transfer to Thimphu
Day 2: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Day 3: Thimphu to Punakha
Day 4: Excursion to Gangtey
Day 5: Punakha to Paro
Day 6: Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Day 7: Departure
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Bhutanese visa fee
- Pickup and drop-off services
- Government approved A and B category hotels on twin- shared basis
- All meals, tea and snacks
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle(s)
- English-speaking, trained and experienced local guide and staff
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Company services and all required Bhutanese government taxes/royalties
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry, etc.)
- Trip cancellation and medical/evacuation insurance
- Tips for staff (guide and driver)
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationVISA We will arrange for your Bhutan as well as Tibet Visa for which you need to send an electronic copy of the photo-page of your passport to us. For Bhutan visa, it will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan using the details on your passport. After you book your trip with us, we will make an application through an online system on your behalf. A visa clearance number in the form of a letter will be provided after approval of your visa. This clearance number will be sent to us, to the immigration terminals of Bhutan’s International Airport as well as to both the national airlines of Bhutan. While entering Tibet requires a Chinese visa and a Tibet Travel Permit, which we will arrange for you. It is mandatory that you book a guide for traveling in Tibet and also pre-arrange private transport for trips outside Lhasa. For most nations, there is a visa on arrival provision in Nepal’s International Airport. However, we recommend that you check with your local consulates which represent the country you will be traveling to, as a part of this program. IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU? ⚫ The word Shangri-La signifies an earthly paradise, a mythical Himalayan utopia. And Bhutan is worthy of the title in every way. The country has been called the last Shangri La because of its sound conserved resources and attachment with nature and the environment. ⚫ In the current time, while the rest of the world is struggling to keep the air quality in check, Bhutan is the only country that emits zero carbon. ⚫ The constitutional provision in Bhutan states that 60 percent of the country’s land must always be forest, and it cannot be touched for any reason. In Bhutan, reforestation campaigns are a must, and they are proudly carried out from local to government level throughout the year. ⚫ Bhutan is also a land of mysteries with unique monasteries like the world-famous Tiger’s nest and Taktsang Monastery. The cliffside structure built on the upper Paro valley is a true architectural wonder. ⚫ In Bhutan, the country’s overall progress is not measured in terms of economic tools like GDP, but rather in terms of Gross National Happiness. COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES We operate this trekking trip by containing the following COVID-19 safety protocols: ⚫ This trip abides to all the updated safety guidelines for travelers, as issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local authorities of the three nations. ⚫ The tour will be operated by adopting COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardized protocols. ⚫ A group will be limited to not more than 6 trekkers, for now, with concerns about COVID-19 safety for all travelers. ⚫ We have prioritized hygiene protocols on the entire trip encouraging travelers to mask up, wash hands regularly, sanitize and practice physical distancing as much as possible.