- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself on one of the greatest and most rewarding treks of the Himalaya
- Cross 11 high passes as you trek to the isolated region of Lunana
- Absorb magnificent mountain views, explore hidden valleys and bask in the serenity of high altitude lakes
- Explore Paro and surrounds including the impressive Takstang Monastery (Tiger's Nest)
The Snowman Trek is the ultimate rugged traverse of Bhutan through the isolated Lunana region. The Snowman Trek is our most challenging trek in Bhutan and ranks amongst the very finest anywhere in the Himalaya. It is undertaken by only a handful of trekkers each season and accesses Lunana, the most remote region of Bhutan. The trek crosses ten high passes over 4,500m that define the borders of Bhutan and Tibet. Savouring views of Jomolhari and Jichu Drake, we follow trails through yak herders encampments and isolated farming settlements as we prepare for our trek to Lunana. Amid a constant backdrop of 7000m peaks we discover a region of tiny Buddhist monasteries and secluded villages that are isolated from the rest of Bhutan for many months of the year. A truly classic Himalayan trek, which we have operated successfully for many years, join us for a once in a lifetime adventure!
Day 1 : Arrive Paro.
Day 2 : Paro Valley, Takstang Monastery (3120m)
Day 3 : Drive past Drukyel Dzong (2580m) to Shana (2860m) and commence trek to Shiring Karup (3100m), (6kms, approx 4 hrs)
Day 4 : Trek to Soi Thangthangkha (3620m) (12km, approx 5 hours)
Day 5 : Trek to Jangothang (4100m) (13.6kms, approx 4/5 hours)
Day 6 : At Jangothang (acclimatisation day)
Day 7 : Cross Nyile La (4890m) to Lingshi village (4010m) (15kms, approx 7 hrs)
Day 8 : Trek to Chebisa village (3880m) (11kms, approx 4-5 hrs)
Day 9 : Cross Gombu La (4440m) to Shomuthang (4221m) camp (12kms, approx 7/8 hrs)
Day 10 : Cross Jare La (4760m) to Robluthang (4140m) (9kms, approx 6/7 hours)
Day 11 : Cross Sinche La (5005m) to Lemithang (4150m) (14kms, approx 7/8 hrs)
Day 12 : Trek to Laya village (3800m) (11kms, approx 4 hrs)
Day 13 : Rest Day in Laya
Day 14 : To Rodophu (4215m) (18kms, approx. 7/8hrs)
Day 15 : Cross Tsemo La (4905m) to Narethang (4900m) (11kms, approx. 6/7hrs)
Day 16 : Cross Karakachu La (5165m) to Tarina (3880m) (16kms, approx. 8/9hrs)
Day 17 : Tarina to Green Lake (4450m) (14kms, approx 7hrs)
Day 18 : Cross Keche La (4670m) To Chozo (4070m) (20kms, approx 8/9hrs)
Day 19 : Rest Day in Chozo
Day 20 : To Tshochena (4940m) (14kms, approx. 9hrs)via Sintia La (5140m)
Day 21 : To Jichu Dramo (5020m)via Loju La (5100m) (10km, approx 5/6hrs)
Day 22 : Cross Rinchen Zoe La (5326m) To Chukarpo (4600m) (15km, approx 8/9hrs)
Day 23 : To Tampoe Tsho (4330m)(15km, approx 6/7hrs)
Day 24 : Cross Tempe La (4665m) to Marothang (3680m) (12km, approx 7/8hrs)
Day 25 : To Sephu (2680m) (15km, approx 4/5hrs), drive to Punakha (approx. 2 hrs)
Day 26 : Drive to Paro (6hrs)
Day 27 : In Paro, trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation in Paro/Thimphu
- 26 breakfasts, 26 lunches and 26 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 27
- Private transportation
- World Expeditions leader
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Portable High Altitude Chamber (PAC) & satellite phone
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Animals to carry 20kgs personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights and taxes
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls,laundry etc.
- Travel insurance
- Airport and departure taxes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 285+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Snowman Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Snowman Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Snowman Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.