- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness the colourful Jambay Lhakhang festival in Bumthang
- Traverse into the remote valley of Tang Valley
- Explore ancient dzongs and monasteries, including Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) and Punakha Dzong
- Immerse yourself in the cultural heart of Bhutan at Bumthang
Journey through the mystical kingdom of Bhutan during the Jambay Lhakhang festival. The remote Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan is well known for it's untouched wilderness, rich Buddhist culture and a history steeped in mystic and legend. Our cultural journey encompasses all that Bhutan has to offer taking in the 'must see' highlights of both western and central Bhutan. Our tour begins in the picturesque Paro Valley, home to the Tigers Nest (Taktsang) monastery, before we drive across the dramatic Dochu La into central Bhutan, to Bumthang. It is widely regarded that Bhutanese Bhuddism first took hold here and the legacies are the many ancient and magnificent monasteries in and around the area.
Day 1 : Arrive Paro (2280m) and drive to Thimphu (2400m)
Day 2 : Explore Thimphu
Day 3 : Drive to Punakha (1300m) via Dochu La (drive approx 4-5 hrs)
Day 4 : Explore Punakha
Day 5 : To Gangtey/ Crane Valley (drive approx 3 hrs)
Day 6 : Explore Gangtey Valley
Day 7 : Drive to Bumthang via Trongsa (drive approx 4-5 hours)
Day 8 : Jambay Lhakhang Festival, Bumthang
Day 9 : To Tang Valley and drive to Trongsa
Day 10 : Drive to Paro (drive approx 7 hrs)
Day 11 : Trek to Taktsang Monastery
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Paro
- Good quality accommodation on a twinshare basis throughout
- 11 breakfasts,11 lunches,11 dinners
- Private internal transport throughout
- All airport transfers
- English speaking local guide
- Sightseeing & sight entry fees as listed
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights & taxes
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 206 today.
- Earn US$ 137+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Explorer & Jambay Lhakhang Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Explorer & Jambay Lhakhang Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Explorer & Jambay Lhakhang Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.