- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
This 8-day tour of Bhutan provides a fantastic chance to explore one of the world’s most remote and fascinating countries. The itinerary is designed to provide a balance between some historic and cultural sightseeing with some short walks through the Bhutanese countyside and some beautiful scenery. You'll also enjoy plenty of Bhutanese food and learn a lot about Bhutanese culture and Buddhist way of life.
The tour starts in Paro where we greet you at the airport, which is surely one of most attractive in the world. We visit Paro Dzong and learn about how these beautiful buildings with their joint monastic and civic function have administred life in Bhutan over the centuries. We cross over the higher Dochu La Pass, hopefully enjoying some great Himalayan mountain views, and explore the Punakha Valley with its huge riverside Dzong, and also the Phobjikha Valley which is famous for being the home to many endangered Black Necked Cranes which migrate here from Tibet. We also arrange the itineraries so that you can visit the huge weekend market in the capital Thimphu which displays produce and crafts from all over the country.
We have timed several of the departure dates to fit in with some of Bhutan's special 'tsechus', which are important religious festivals held in and around the Dzongs with maksed dances, processions and other. The itineraries on these dates may be adjusted slightly to make the most of the festivals and take account of the limited accommodation availability at the time.
Flights into Bhutan are available with the national airline, Druk Air, from Singapore, Bangkok, Delhi & Calcutta and Kathmandu. We offer a range of options to add a little time in India, Nepal, Singapore or Thailand to enable you to connect on with your main international flights.
Day 1 : Arrive in Paro
Day 2 : Paro to Punakha Valley
Day 3 : Punakha Dzong drive to Gangtey
Day 4 : Phobjikha Valley walk, Gangtey
Day 5 : Drive to Thimphu via Wangdue Phodrang
Day 6 : Thimphu tours
Day 7 : Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest) walk
Day 8 : Paro, departure airport transfer
- All accommodation as per itinerary in 3-star level hotels
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24/7 airport transfer service
- All transport in private vehicles
- Local tour guide/tour leader
- Bhutan visa fee, Tourism development fee and government royalty
- All national park entry and activity fees
- All entrance fees to sites visited
- International flights (available on request)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. Laundry)
- Tips for tour leader and driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 111 today.
- Save US$ 73+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 01 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.