- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy trekking through the ancient Druk Path, used for trade and commerce in the past
- Hike up to Taktsang Monastery, known to the outside world as Tiger's Nest
- See the beautiful alpine lake of Jimilang Tsho
- Cross the Pumo La Pass, located 4100 metres above sea level
Even though you will be hiking at elevations of between 2,400 m to 4,200 m, the actual trekking is relatively easy. Plus you will get the chance to enjoy magnificent views of Mount Gangkar Puensum, the highest peak in the world not to have been summited, all along the way.
Your journey starts in Paro, from where you will take the route to Jela Dzong, followed by Jangchulakha and Labana before reaching Thimphu, the country's capital city. However, even before the trek starts, you will get the chance to hike up to Taktsang Monastery, also known as Tiger's Nest.
Camping along the way, you will also get the chance to visit some of the country’s ancient monasteries, fortresses and traditional villages. One of the highlights of this trek is the beautiful alpine lake of Jimilang Tsho, your final destination on Day 5.
Also included is a day to explore the city of Paro where you will stay in a hotel for two nights. The rest of the trip will involve accommodation in camps along the Druk Path until you are back in Paro where you will spend your final night in a hotel too.
Our guide and driver was friendly . As we were with our young kid, our guide made sure that tour was flexible. For that thank you Sonam and Yeshey for being thoughtful.
We would love to come back to Bhutan with our family.”
Everything was perfect.
Service was beyond expectation.”
Day 1: Paro arrival
Day 2: Paro Taktshang hike
Day 3: The trek starts: Paro – Jele Dzong
Day 4: Jele Dzong – Jangchulakha
Day 5: Jangchulakha – Jimilang Tsho of (3300 m)
Day 6: Jimilang Tsho – Labana (3500 m)
Day 7: Labana – Thimphu via Pumo La Pass (4200 m)
Day 8: Paro departure
- Meals: 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Accommodation in Paro in a 3-star hotel on a twin-sharing basis (4- & 5-star hotel accommodation can be arranged at an additional amount). Accommodation during the trek in tented camps
- Airport pickup and drop-off. All transport as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking trekking guide & driver with vehicle
- Camping equipment and haulage during the trek
- Bottled mineral water throughout your trek
- Bhutan visa processing fee and Bhutan e-visa
- All inland travel permits
- All hotel taxes & service charges
- Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) royalties and taxes
- Local sightseeing with entrance fees where applicable
- International/domestic flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- A single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationFor inland transfers by private vehicle, we use Toyota Prado, Hyundai Tucson, Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Hiace, Toyota Coaster and sedans by Toyota based on the number of travelers in your group.