- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Absorb the sweeping views of the sacred Jomolhari Peak (7326m)
- Trek along the ancient Druk Path in the company of an expert guide and crew
- Experience the beauty of Bhutan's rhododendron forests, lush alpine meadows and tranquil high altitude lakes
- Climb high above the Paro Valley to Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery
Follow the ancient Druk Path through the extraordinary Kingdom of Bhutan. We combine an exceptional trek with time to explore the cultural heritage of Bhutan. In the company of our local guides we follow trails that lead high above the Paro and Thimphu valleys to gain unrivalled views of the Himalayan peaks that define the borderlands of Bhutan and Tibet. There is also ample opportunity to delight in the pristine forests of conifer, oak and rhododendrons as well as encountering yak herders as they establish their summer encampments. In Paro and Thimphu we wander the markets and appreciate the location of the monasteries and forts that reflect the deep cultural heritage of this remarkable Buddhist kingdom.
Day 1 : Arrive Paro
Day 2 : Paro Valley, Takstang Monastery (3100m) & National Museum
Day 3 : Commence trek to camp (approx 2 to 3 hrs).
Day 4 : Trek to Jilli Dzong (approx 2 to 3 hours)
Day 5 : Jilli Dzong to Jangchu Lakha (approx 4hrs)
Day 6 : Jangchu Lakha to Jimilang Tsho (approx 5 to 6 hrs)
Day 7 : Jimilang Tsho to Simkota Tsho (approx 5hrs)
Day 8 : Simkota Tsho to Phajoding (approx 4 to 5 hrs)
Day 9 : Phajoding to Thimphu (3 hrs)
Day 10 : In Thimphu, transfer to Paro
Day 11 : Trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation in Paro / Thimphu
- 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 11
- Private vehicle transport
- English speaking local guide
- Permits and entry fees and local guide in the National Park
- Pre-departure Information Guide, with all you need to know for your trek
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Animals to carry 20kgs personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 165 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 110 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Bhutan Dragon Kingdom tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan Dragon Kingdom tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.