- Art and architecture
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Haa Valley: At an altitude of over 3,000 m, this picturesque valley is unique for its diverse culture, legends and local traditions.
- Dochula pass: The Dochula Pass is a mountain pass on the road from Thimpu to Punakha that offers an amazing 360degree panoramic view of the Himalayas from an altitude of 3,100 m.
- Taktsang Lakhang: Taktsang Lhakhang, or the Tiger’s Nest, is Bhutan’s most famous monastery. Perched on a cliff 900 m above the Paro Valley, it is a sight not to be missed.
Right in the heart of the Himalayas there is a country known as the "Land of the Thunder Dragon", a country that has lived a long life isolated from the rest of the world. This isolation has allowed Bhutan to retain the cultural and spiritual heritage of its centuries-old traditions, traditions that can be seen reflected in the religion, art and architecture that flood its golden peaks and deep valleys.
Day 1: Arrival Paro - Thimphu (55 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Thimpu
Day 3: Thimpu – Punakha (75km - 3 Hrs)
Day 4: Punakha - Paro (125kms - 4 Hrs)
Day 5: Paro
Day 6: Paro - Day Excursion To Haa Valley (70km – 3 Hrs)
Day 7: Depart Paro
- 6 nights accommodation
- Full Board Option: 6 Breakfast, 6 Lunches (some may be en-route) and 6 Dinners
- Pick-up/drop-off transfers from/to Paro International Airport
- Private transfers and touristic visits as indicated in the programme in a vehicle suited for tourists in Bhutan according to government directives
- Operated with English speaking local guide
- ***Accompanied Spanish speaking guide upon additional cost as optional extra
- All entrance fees to monuments as indicated in the itinerary: full day sightseeing in Thimpu and Takin Reserve on Day 2, visit to Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lakhang monastery on Day 3, Simtokha Dzong (National Museum) on Day 4, hiking to Taktsang Monastery (‘Tiger’s Nest’) on Day 5, day trip to Haa Valley on Day 6
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Paro International Airport
- Entry visa fee to Bhutan
- Government taxes and fees
- Any airfares or airport taxes, supplements for which are quoted separately if applicable
- International or domestic flights
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, insurance fees etc.
- Any visit not mentioned explicitly in the programme
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel insurance, any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best Of Bhutan, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best Of Bhutan, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best Of Bhutan, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.