- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20861
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Explore Paris and Arles with a Local Specialist
- Discover Beaune, Lyon, AixenProvence, Monaco and Avignon
- Visit SaintSulpice church in Paris and Pont du Gard
- View the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Place Bellecour and the Basilica of Notre Dame in Lyon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the Palace of the Popes in Avignon
- Scenic Cruise to St. Tropez
- Scenic Train Ride from Avignon to Paris
- Avignon: Join Patrick for a Be My Guest Lunch at his home and enjoy a traditional meal from local produce.
- Show more
Combine the glamorous French capital with centuries of history and glorious sunsets on the French Riviera. This favourite French tour delivers it all in just nine days, from strolling around the Pont du Gard to soaking up the sun-kissed charm of St. Tropez and Monaco in France's glorious south.
Day 1: Bonjour France
Day 2: Discover the Delights of Paris
Day 3: Journey through Burgundy to Lyon
Day 4: Continue to Monaco and the French Riviera
Day 5: The French Riviera Your Way
Day 6: On to Sunny Saint-Tropez and Avignon
Day 7: Explore Ancient History in Pont du Gard and Arles Connect with Locals
Day 8: Travel By High-Speed Train to Paris
Day 9: Au Revoir Paris
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- TGV Express train between Avignon and Paris.
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to/from Paris are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonderful France tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 113 today.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonderful France tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 January 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonderful France tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonderful France tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
What is the best month to visit France?
France is a year-round destination. However, the best time to visit France for most travelers is either from April through to June or from October to November. Highlights across the country see less footfall – and therefore shorter queues – during these periods compared to the high summer season between July and September. Temperatures are also more suitable for exploration and hiking during these months, averaging 16°C to 23°C. The winter season, lasting from December to March, is the coldest and the wettest period of the year, although this is the best time to undertake a skiing trip in the Alps or Pyrenees. Find more information here.
Which month is ideal to travel to France?
France is a year-round destination. However, the best time to visit France for most travelers is either from April through June or from October to November. Highlights across the country see less footfall – and therefore shorter queues – during these periods compared to the high summer season between July and September. Temperatures are also more suitable for exploration and hiking during these months, averaging 16°C to 23°C. The winter season, lasting from December to March, is the coldest and wettest period of the year, although this is the best time to undertake a skiing trip in the Alps or Pyrenees. Find more information here.
How long do you need to stay in France?
The variety of things to do in France, from city sightseeing to riviera stays and vineyard visits, means that we recommend a vacation lasting at least ten days. This is a good amount of time to crisscross the country and tick off highlights without having to dash from place to place. However, if you can only spend one week in France, it is better to limit your trip to a region such as Normandy in the north or Alsace on the western bank of the River Rhine. If you have more questions, read our travel guide on how many days to spend in France.
Do people in France speak English?
There is a stereotypical view of the French as people who refuse to speak English. However, most people in towns and cities – and particularly the younger generation – speak good levels of English. Despite this, it is always better to start your conversation with a few words in French and allow the other person to switch to English after hearing your accent. A phrasebook of the French language is therefore a useful addition to your packing list, and using it will massively enhance your understanding of the country and its culture.