- River cruise
- duration 8 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
A journey steeped in wonder.
Cruise from Paris through Normandy’s countryside, uncovering its many charms: Richard the Lionheart’s Chateau Gaillard, the medieval capital of Rouen, Monet’s beloved home in Giverny and the famed Normandy beaches.
Normandy has been the setting for many battles over the centuries, including the D-Day invasion of WWII, and the Normandy Beaches mean different things to different people, so you’ll have a rare choice to visit several of its historic sites, including Omaha Beach.
Experience a different side of Northern France’s history with a tour of the majestic palace of Versailles, once home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
See the best of Paris in one of three ways via the “Heart of Paris” cruise and city tour, an exclusive “Do as the Locals Do” tour or an exclusive guided “Let's Go” bike tour. There are plenty of opportunities to take part in more active experiences, such as golfing at Sainte-Mère-Église in Étretat, perched on the cliff high above the sea, making playing golf here a memorable experience and visual feast.
Who will enjoy this cruise? History buffs will be fascinated by D-Day sites and Rouen where Joan of Arc was martyred.
Day 1: Paris (Embark)
Day 2: La Roche-Guyon, Vernon, Giverny
Day 3: Rouen
Day 4: Caudebec-en-Caux (Honfleur or Étretat)
Day 5: Rouen (Normandy Beaches)
Day 6: Mantes-la-Jolie (Versailles)
Day 7: Paris
Day 8: Paris (Disembark)
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the alluring S.S. Joie de Vivre
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go” and “Do as the Locals Do” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 1 country: France
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Any international flights to/from Paris are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Paris & Normandy (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Paris & Normandy (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Paris & Normandy (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Paris & Normandy (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.