- Wine tasting tour
- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21122
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Rouen: See the cathedral, the Great Clock, the Old Market square and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- Honfleur: See this charming fishing town.
- Omaha Beach: Follow the route of the Rangers, visit the bunkers and the Rangers Memorial.
- Omaha Beach: With a Local Expert, spend a few reflective moments at the American Military Cemetery of Saint-Laurent.
- Bayeux: Visit the Bayeux Tapestry Museum and learn about the epic story of William, Duke of Normandy becoming the King of England.
- Arromanches-les-Bains: Visit the D-Day Museum in Arromanches and see the remnants of the artificial port in the bay.
- Mont-Saint-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont Saint-Michel. Cross the causeway for a guided tour with your Local Expert through the maze of halls and vaults of the abbey.
- Saint-Malo: Your Local Expert guides you trough the intertwined streets of the walled city to arrive at the cathedral. Later enjoy the chance to walk along the fortifications and explore the cities nightlife at your leisure.
- Angers: Enjoy exploring the western gateway to the Loire Valley in the little town of Angers and see its imposing chateau.
- Cheverny: During your visit to Château de Cheverny, your Local Expert will show you the château's decor and aristocratic costumes of the family through the centuries. Inhabited by the same family for more than 6 centuries, the castle, its gardens and its connection to Tintin will provide an unforgettable experience.
- Show more
Enjoy the sights and sounds of France during this 8-day guided tour. Travel to Normandy and stand on the 100-foot-tall Pointe du Hoc, overlooking the beaches where soldiers fought in World War II — and walk with a Local Expert through the American Military Cemetery of Saint-Laurent, near Omaha Beach, where Allied Forces landed on D-Day. Drive through the Loire Valley to the glorious fragrant gardens of Château de Villandry, stopping to smell the basil, rosemary and other herbs grown in its gardens. You’ll remember those scents at a celebration dinner featuring a farm-to-table feast and sparkling wine. See Paris’ top attractions, from the glistening pyramids of the Louvre to the gothic Notre Dame Cathedral.
Day 1: Welcome to Paris
Day 2: Rouen, Honfleur and Deauville
Day 3: Normandy Beaches and D-Day Landings
Day 4: Mont Saint-Michel and Saint-Malo
Day 5: Villandry Experience
Day 6: Scenic Drive Along the Loire Valley
Day 7: La Beauce and Chartres to Paris, City of Light
Day 8: Au Revoir Paris
- Dinner with Wine (x3)
- Breakfast (x7)
- 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- Le Méridien Etoile, Paris. hotel
- Hotel Barrière L'Hôtel du Golf, Deauville. hotel
- Hôtel Le Nouveau Monde, St Malo. hotel
- Relais Des Landes hotel
- Le Méridien Etoile, Paris or similar. hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from Paris are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. World Nomads' travel insurance has been designed by travelers for travelers.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 May 2024, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.