- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- age_requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Iwokrama Rainforest Search for wildlife from canopy walkways including howler monkeys and several species of birds
- Surama Stay with an Amerindian community and enjoy eating local food
- Burro Burro River trip Experience a dawn canoe trip searching for giant river otters, spider monkeys and more
- Capitals Explore Paramaribo and Georgetown, the capitals of Suriname and Guyana
Few people even know where Guyana is let alone travel there. This trip to the lost corner of South America is a fascinating exploration of pristine rainforest, staying in riverside eco lodges with indigenous communities, spotting caiman by torchlight along moonlit rivers and eating delicious Guyanese food at a small local 'backyard cafe'. Iwokrama Rainforest - Search for wildlife from canopy walkways, including many different bird species as well as howler monkeys Burro Burro River trip - Experience a canoe trip led by a team of indigenous guides, searching for kingfisher, ibis and, if we're lucky, giant river otters Paramaribo - Get an idea of plantation life in the surroundings of Suriname's fascinating old Dutch capital
Day 1 : Join tour Paramaribo
Day 2 : City tour of Paramaribo, optional sunset dolphin cruise
Day 3 : Drive to Atjoni, boat ride along the Suriname River
Day 4 : Canoe journey to visit local villages
Day 5 : Free morning to relax or go for walks, return to Paramaribo
Day 6 : Travel to Georgetown via the Mangrove Heritage Trail
Day 7 : Optional Kaiteur Falls trip; local dinner at the Backyard Cafe
Day 8 : Transfer to the Iwokrama Canopy Walkway
Day 9 : Wildlife spotting from canopy walkways
Day 10 : Drive to the Amerindian village of Surama
Day 11 : Walk up Surama Mountain and paddle on the Burro Burro River
Day 12 : Fly back to Georgetown
Day 13 : Trip ends in Georgetown
- 12 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Eco Torarica (3 nights)
- Danpaati River Lodge (2 nights)
- Grand Coastal Hotel (3 nights)
- Atta Rainforest Lodge (2 nights)
- Surama Eco Lodge (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Paramaribo and from Georgetown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guyana and Suriname Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 246 today.
- Earn US$ 163+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guyana and Suriname Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Guyana and Suriname Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guyana and Suriname Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.