- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Walking in the Mountains of Cyprus
- Sleepy Mountain Villages
- Ancient Churches & Kykko Monastery
- Combination of mountains and coast
Discover the Troodos Mountains and Akamas Peninsula of Cyprus on foot. Cyprus is an island of natural beauty in a region with an abundance of ancient and modern civilisations and cultures. Its mineral wealth was well known in ancient times: the island gave its name to the element copper (Cu). Away from the cosmopolitan towns and beach resorts you will find large areas of natural, unspoilt countryside. Rugged, conifer-clad mountains, woodland, orchards and vineyards are interspersed with tranquil, timeless villages. The people extend a warm and friendly welcome and their hospitality will add greatly to the enjoyment of your tour. At lower altitude in mid to late March Cyprus comes into bloom with a profusion of exquisite, wild flowers. This is gradually followed by the mountainous areas. The island’s position on one of the major migratory routes means that it becomes a stopover for many species of birds during their migrations, particularly in April and September / October. The Troodos Mountains cover much of the southern and western part of the country and this walk takes you from walking in the high mountains down to the coast, starting from an altitude of about 1100m. The walk takes you through a time worn landscape, with painted churches and Kykko Monastery, the largest monastery in Cyprus, dating all the way back to Byzantine days. The walk continues down to the Pafos area in the western part of the island.
Day 1 : Arrive Cyprus
Day 2 : Circular walk from Pedoulas - 16 km / 10 miles, 6 hours
Day 3 : Pedoulas to Milikouri - 11 km / 6.9 miles,4 hours (or 19 km / 11.8 miles, 5.5 hours)
Day 4 : Pedoulas to Stavros tis Psokas - 15 km / 9.5 miles, 4.5 hours
Day 5 : Stavros tis Psokas to Kato Akourdaleia - 19 km / 11.8 miles, 5.5 hours
Day 6 : Kato Akourdaleia to Drouseia - 11 km / 6.9 miles, 4 hours
Day 7 : Drouseia to Agios Georgios tis Pegeias - 18 km /11.2 miles, 6 hours
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation in small hotels, a guesthouse and an inn on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Arrival and departure transfer to Pafos airport. Arrival transfer from Larnaka airport.
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers as described in the itinerary
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- Lunches & Beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Transfer back to airport (if Larnaka airport)
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 40+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Troodos Mountains and Akamas - 8 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 324 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Troodos Mountains and Akamas - 8 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Troodos Mountains and Akamas - 8 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.