- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in the daily life of a traditional Dayak tribe
- Explore the jungle and spot wildlife
- Partake in a "Hornbill Dancing Party" and stay in a traditional Dayak longhouse
- Explore the rivers of Kalimantan on a wooden Klotok houseboat
Kalimantan - The world's second largest island is home to steamy jungles which are 130 million years old (70 million years older than the Amazon Rainforest) and cover two-thirds of the land. In addition to the famous orangutan, there are more than 220 species of mammals and more than 400 bird species endemic to the island; making it a superb destination for rainforest exploration.
One of the best places to see Kalimantan's incredible biodiversity is Tanjung Puting National Park -an area of 416,040 hectares of primary forest, peat swamps, mangroves and coastal beach forest.
The island of Kalimantan also hosts a blend of cultures as rich as the biodiversity that surrounds them. The indigenous people of Kalimantan are the Dayak, whose artwork, costumes, traditions and songs can transport you into another world. Their ornate longhouses can be seen on the banks of rivers that snake their way through the jungle.
Day 1: Arrival Pangkalan Bun – Drive to Kudangan Village
Day 2: Jungle trekking
Day 3: Jungle Trekking – Kudangan – Kumai – Tanjung Puting
Day 4: Pondok Tanguy – Camp Leakey
Day 5: Tanjung Puting – Kumai Port – Departure Pangkalan Bun
- 1-night basic accommodation in Dayak traditional longhouse
- 1-night camping in the jungle
- 2-night accommodation on a houseboat in Tanjung Puting
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Return airport transfers
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- All entrance fee, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
- Public liability insurance
- 11% local government tax and 10% service charge
- Visa fee/arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/tipping for driver/guide
- High season and peak season surcharge
- Any additional excursion that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Save +US$ 25 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.