- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get to know Panama’s rich history while following your tastebuds along brick streets of the Old Quarter (Casco Viejo)
- Lose yourself in a cup the world’s finest and most expensive coffee, the Geisha
- Experience the intense flavours of organic Panamanian chocolate produced by local Ngöbe indigenous peoples
- Sample Panamanian craft beer directly from the microbrewery where it’s brewed
Coffee, chocolate, beer, ceviche, and cocktails. It reads like a sample platter of Panamanian flavours, and that’s exactly what it is! Join this Panama City tour to discover the flavours that make this city unique, and gain local insider knowledge on the best restaurants in town. Victory!
Sample the best of Panama’s flavours on this Panama City food tour that gives you a delicious overview of the good life (aka the food life) here in Panama.
We’ll begin our tour on a bold note with a look into Panama’s world-class coffee industry. Learn about coffee production from finca to cup as you sample the famous Geisha coffee, said to be both the world’s finest and most expensive coffee.
With a little buzz in our step, we’ll make our way through the beautifully restored UNESCO neighbourhood of Casco Viejo (also known as Casco Antiguo). We’ll pass by the historic Iglesia de la Merced, as we sample another local treat: chocolate! Taste organic Panamanian chocolate from the Bocas del Toro province, where it is cultivated and produced by the local Ngöbe indigenous peoples.
From here, our food tour of Panama City will make a cultural and historical bob and weave through the cobblestone streets. Casco Viejo is a particularly photogenic neighbourhood, so make sure you’ve got your camera handy and ready!
Next up is a local microbrewery, where we’ll sample four of the beers currently on tap. The brewery is an open concept, which provides us with a first-hand look at how local Panamanian beer is made.
From here we’ll make our way along the Malecón (the city’s picturesque sea wall), to a local Seafood Market to taste Panama’s national dish, ceviche. A delicate concoction of the freshest seafood, marinated until cooked in a mixture the citric lime juices, onion, and cilantro. It’s a delicious dish, one you might even need to return for.
Our last stop will be a mix of old and new (much like Casco Viejo), as we enjoy a modern cocktail made with Panama’s oldest and finest rum. As we sip our cocktail, we’ll witness the last rays of sun leaving the rooftops of the old city, and the modern downtown city skyline come to life.
- Local English-speaking guide
- food and drink samples .
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- additional food and drink beyond what is stated above
- items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for the guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Taste of Panama City tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Taste of Panama City tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Taste of Panama City tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Café TIEMPO, Coffee Roasters, inside the American Trade Hotel, Casco Viejo (Avenida Central and Calle 9).Meeting end point :
Tantalo Rooftop Bar, Avenida B and Calle 8, Casco Antiguo (Casco Viejo).COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.