- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a unique artisan shop named after the traditional basket of Panama and stock up on a wide selection of 'Made In Panama' products including chocolate, rum and, of course, wicker baskets!
- Discover the surprising story behind the legendary Panama hat and bargain your way to a reasonably priced hat of your own with your local guide there to help you
- Check out a fancy handicrafts museum, factory and store all rolled into one that shows off the best of Panama’s craft products, including mola, cocobolo, canastas and lots more
- Enjoy an artisan coffee at one of our favourite awardwinning coffee shops
Explore the coolest part of Panama, the Casco Antiguo world heritage site and discover the best shopping in town with a local guide by your side on this speedy tour! Marvel at the charming architecture of the old town as we stroll the historic streets, introducing you to some of Panama’s most famous exports and unique crafts and souvenirs. Find out the stories behind them and learn about the processes that go into making them before purchasing whatever you like at the best possible prices. It’s souvenir shopping that’s fun, easy and informative all rolled into one! Join us, won’t you?
Your friendly local guide will meet you in Panama’s picturesque old town, known as Casco Antiguo. As we walk we’ll chat chocolate first, learning about Panama's world-famous organic varieties, the chocolate of choice for world-class chocolatiers from Europe and beyond. The cacao comes from the Bocas del Toro province and is sold all over the world. This awesome store also exclusively sells other local products such as lotions and soaps.
Next up, it’s time to learn about the legendary Panama hat! Ironically, the Panama hats that you would recognise are actually made in Ecuador, BUT, we’ll show you hats that are actually made in Panama as well. Travellers are often overwhelmed with the number of stores selling these fabulous hats so it makes sense to visit with a local to guide who can advise you on the price and quality before you make a purchase. These hats are true collector’s items!
The next stop will be at a well-known factory that specialises in handicrafts and ornate ornaments. One-third of all the world’s gold has passed through Panama, so it would be wrong not to show you some! We’ll also check out the highest quality artisan crafts like mola, a handmade material often used to form part of the traditional outfit of a Guna Indian woman, and handwoven baskets dyed with natural colours known as canastas. You’ll also see cocobolos (rosewood carvings), taguas (ivory nuts) and plenty more.
We then head out to a shop full of local woven and carved artisanal products. Panama is famous for its seven indigenous groups and this shop represents the Embera and Wounaan groups. Arts and crafts here are made by the indigenous people themselves and it’s a great place for you to learn about fascinating traditional weaves and local carvings!
We’ll finish your Panama shopping tour at an award winning coffee shop and enjoy a cup of the good stuff as we answer any more questions that you may have about shopping in the city. Don’t forget to reach out and ask for tips on what else there is to see and do during your stay.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cup of coffee at a local coffee shop.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Made In Panama Shopping Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 79 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Made In Panama Shopping Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Made In Panama Shopping Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
EL MOTETE, located next to Super Gourmet.Meeting end point :
The Bajareque Café