- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 25 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Copan Learn more about the ancient Maya culture at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the greatest Maya ruins in the Americas
- Antigua Explore this elegant colonial city, overlooked by three volcanoes
- Panama Canal One of the Modern Wonders of the World
- Monteverde Search for the beautiful quetzal in this remarkable cloudforest reserve
A world of contrasts await on this epic adventure covering 5 countries in just 25 days, discovering the highlights of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala. Discover verdant rainforests, smouldering volcanoes, paradise islands and ancient ruins. Caribbean - Unwind on the beautiful islands of Bocas del Toro and Roatan, snorkelling in the warm waters of the Caribbean sea Copan - Discover the ancient Maya at this impeccable UNESCO World Heritage site Wildlife - Search for the beautiful quetzal in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
Day 1 : Join tour in Panama City (Panama)
Day 2 : Panama Canal visit; afternoon free to explore the city
Day 3 : Public bus to David then head to Boquete
Day 4 : Drive and boat to the Bocas del Toro Archipelago
Day 5 : In Bocas del Toro, optional boat trip around the islands
Day 6 : Journey to Sarapiqui (Costa Rica)
Day 7 : Travel to Arenal; optional evening bathe in hot springs
Day 8 : Drive to Monteverde Cloudforest Reserve via Arenal Volcano
Day 9 : Guided reserve walk; optional canopy tour and night walk
Day 10 : Transfer to Rincon de la Vieja and free afternoon for optional hiking
Day 11 : Visit the Rincon de la Vieja National park
Day 12 : Travel to Ometepe (Nicaragua); optional walks
Day 13 : Free day to discover Ometepe Island
Day 14 : Journey to the mainland and head to Granada
Day 15 : In Granada; free day to explore the colonial city
Day 16 : Drive to Leon via Masaya Market
Day 17 : Free morning for optional Cerro Negro Volcano hike; drive Tegucigalpa (Honduras)
Day 18 : Fly to Roatan
Day 19 : On Roatan, choose to relax on beaches, kayak or snorkel
Day 20 : Head back to the mainland and travel to Copan Ruinas
Day 21 : Visit the UNESCO Site of Copan, free afternoon
Day 22 : Drive to Antigua (Guatemala); walking tour of the town
Day 23 : Free day to explore Antigua or optional trip to Chichicastenango Market
Day 24 : Free day to spend in Antigua or choose to visit Lake Atitlan
Day 25 : Tour ends Antigua
- 17 Breakfasts
- Torres de Alba (2 nights)
- Hotel Oasis (1 night)
- Hotel Laguna (2 nights)
- Hotel Gavilan Rio Sarapiqui (1 night)
- Hotel Arenal Country Inn (1 night)
- El Bosque Hotel (2 nights)
- Buena Vista Lodge (2 nights)
- Hotel Villa Paraiso (2 nights)
- Hotel Granada (2 nights)
- Hotel Austria (1 night)
- Hotel G&V (1 night)
- Hotel Splash Inn (2 nights)
- Hotel Plaza Copan (2 nights)
- Villa Colonial (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Panama City and from Antigua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central American Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central American Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central American Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central American Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.