- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 28 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Antigua
- Trek up Santa Ana volcano in Cerro Verde National Park
- Overnight in a community project at Suchitoto
- Guided tour of the Mayan ruins of Copan
On this four-week trip we'll really take the time to get under the skin of Central America. We'll travel overland through six of the Central American countries, taking in some incredible natural wonders. In Costa Rica we visit Manuel Antonio National Park, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, and La Fortuna, where we can take part in many different adventure activities like zip-lining, white-water rafting, and canyoning in the surrounding volcanic landscape.
It also features some real hidden gems, such as a trek through Cerro Verde National Park in El Salvador, seeing the mighty Panama Canal, and a visit to Cap Suchitoto in El Salvador. This is a community project which helps to create cultural identity and unity within the community and teaches skills to support self-sufficiency.
On top of that we visit the incredible volcanic island of Ometepe where we might choose to trek to the summit of the Concepción volcano, and to the stunning Caribbean beaches of the island of Roatán, as well as the Mayan ruins of Copan and colonial towns like Leon, Granada and Antigua.
Day 1: Day 1: Antigua
Day 2: Day 2: Cerro Verde NP
Day 3: Day 3: Suchitoto
Day 4: Day 4: Suchitoto
Day 5: Day 5: Copan
Day 6: Day 6: Copan
Day 7: Day 7: Roatan
Day 8: Day 8: Roatan
Day 9: Day 9: Roatan
Day 10: Day 10: Lake Yojoa
Day 11: Day 11: Somoto
Day 12: Day 12: Leon
Day 13: Day 13: Leon
Day 14: Day 14: Granada
Day 15: Day 15: Granada
Day 16: Day 16: Isla de Ometepe
Day 17: Day 17: Isla de Ometepe
Day 18: Day 18: La Fortuna
Day 19: Day 19: La Fortuna
Day 20: Day 20: Monteverde
Day 21: Day 21: Monteverde
Day 22: Day 22: Manuel Antonio NP
Day 23: Day 23: Manuel Antonio NP
Day 24: Day 24: Boquete
Day 25: Day 25: Boquete
Day 26: Day 26: Camino Real
Day 27: Day 27: Panama City
Day 28: Day 28: Panama City
- US Style School Bus, Flight, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 13 nights
- Camping 3 nights
- Multishare Hostel 5 nights
- Basic Hotel 6 nights
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 5 Dinner
- Any international flights to Panama City and from Antigua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central America Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 133+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
1Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.