- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 44
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Gaze in awe at landscapes like that of Fogo, aka the ‘Island of Fire’, and Santo Antao, the cape’s crown jewel of lush valleys, gorges and craters
- Be charmed by the well preserved colonial towns of Cidade Velha and, San Felipe
- There’s no place quite like Mindelo. As well as galleries and restaurants, this cobblestoned heartthrob of a town is abuzz with music, especially ‘morna’, the style unique to the cape
- Sample the aptly named ‘grogue’, the potent national drink of Cape Verde
Neither Senegal nor Portugal, the Cape Verde Islands march to the beat of their own drum. This incredible archipelago might just be the ultimate adventure cruise destination, a land whose particular brand of exotic defies classification. Set off from Praia to San Tiago and discover the history of the old Portugese capital of Cidade Velha, from the slave trade to the shipwrecks. Head north to Fogo to walk through lava landscapes and scale its volcanic peak. Move on the rich green of San Antao’s valleys and peaks, a land of sugarcane and heady ‘grogue’, before a rendezvous in the cultural capital of Mindelo. With all shore activities optional, you have the flexibility and freedom of making this Cape Verde getaway as leisurely or as active as you please.
Embarkation in Palmeira, Sal
Sal Rei, Boa Vista Island
Praia, Santiago Island
Sao Felipe, Fogo Island
Mindelo, San Vincente Island
Porto Nova, Santo Antao Island
Porto Nova, Santo Antao Island
Disembark in Palmeira, Sal Island
- Small Cruise Ship, 7 nights
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Small Cruise Ship
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to/from Palmeira are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cruising the Cape Verde Islands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cruising the Cape Verde Islands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cruising the Cape Verde Islands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cruising the Cape Verde Islands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated by our partners at Variety Cruises and is best suited to independent travellers who want flexibility from their itinerary. On Variety Cruises, all shore excursions are optional, so you don’t have to pay for an activity you’re not interested in. Trips operated by Variety begin at port, do not include tips and require solo travellers to pay a mandatory single supplement.
- This is a small ship adventure cruise, which means you’ll be sailing on a yacht with 30–50 other people. The boat is spacious and comfortable, but it focuses more on the destination than on-board activities. Instead of a pool, we have the sea itself. Instead of a casino, we’ve got board games and a good book. There’s also no formal dress code to worry about. Wi-Fi is available for a small charge.
- Our ship moves under engine power, rather than sailing, so all cabins will experience light engine noise when the ship is moving (and occasionally when we drop anchor). It’s probably worth packing earplugs if you’re a light sleeper.
- Onshore activities and excursions will involve a bit of walking. You may be visiting ancient sites and historical places, and at times you may have to cross cobbled streets and uneven ground, sometimes in hot conditions. If you have any concerns, please speak to your group leader before taking part.
- If you’re concerned about seasickness, there are seasickness tablets on-board. The ship will experience some roll and pitch in choppy conditions, however all of our ships come equipped with stabilisers to minimise movement. Most of our departures run in peak season, when the seas are calmer. Your crew will do all they can to minimise any discomfort.
- There are no lifts (elevators) on-board our ships, so you’ll have to navigate a few steep flights of stairs. Handrails are always available.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers