- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Discover the rugged nature of Cilento National Park
- Cycle along the stunning Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy the Italian warm hospitality and succulent cuisine
- Explore the beautiful towns of Amalfi and Ravello
Cycling is a great way to explore the stunning natural and cultural treasures of Campania. This tour takes us through the best routes and contrasts of the region, from the relatively unknown and unspoilt Cilento to the popular lively Amalfi Coast. The Cilento National Park is largely undisturbed by the 21st Century and as we cycle through quaint fishing villages we realise that the traditional way of life is still very evident. We also visit the Greco-Roman city of Paestum, with its three major Doric style temples, before heading to the lovely town of Minori on the Amalfi Coast. Here we cycle on some of the most scenic routes in the world, while visiting beautiful towns including Positano and of course Amalfi itself. All the cycling will help to build our appetite for the fine food that the area is famous for!
Day 1: Start in Palinuro, on the southern coast of Cilento N.P.
Day 2: Cycle along the most unspoilt stretch of coastline in Southern Italy, then
inland to the Mingardo Canyon and abandoned village of San Severino.
Day 3: Ride to Capo Palinuro then to the mediaeval village of Pisciotta; descend to
the coast and Casalvelino.
Day 4: Undulating ride through coastal villages; stop for lunch and optional swim ;
continue on to Paestum with its 6th Century BC Greek ruins.
Day 5: Train to Salerno; scenic ride to Minori, our base for the next three nights.
Day 6: Cycle along the 'Strada Amalfitana' to Amalfi, Praiano and Positano; climb
inland to the Colli di San Pietro for great views over the Bay of Naples;
return to Minori via Amalfi.
Day 7: Free day to relax on the beach at Minori, visit Ravello and Amalfi, take a
boat trip to Capri or visit Pompeii and Vesuvius.
Day 8: End Minori.
- 6 nights 3 and 4-star hotels and 1 night agriturismo , All accommodation
- All breakfasts 1 dinner
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 5 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- All transport and listed activities
- Airport transfers for group flights
- Group normally 5‐16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Mainly undulating with a few steady climbs; 100% tarmac roads
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike or hire available on request
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Palinuro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 79 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 18 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.