- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the rugged nature of Cilento National Park
- Cycle along the stunning Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy the Italian warm hospitality and succulent cuisine
- Explore the beautiful towns of Amalfi and Ravello
Cycling is a great way to explore the stunning natural and cultural treasures of Campania. This tour takes us through the best routes and contrasts of the region, from the relatively unknown and unspoilt Cilento to the popular lively Amalfi Coast . The Cilento National Park is largely undisturbed by the 21st Century and as we cycle through quaint fishing villages we realise that the traditional way of life is still very evident. We also visit the Greco-Roman city of Paestum, with its three major Doric style temples, before heading to the lovely town of Minori on the Amalfi Coast . Here we cycle on some of the most scenic routes in the world, while visiting beautiful towns including Positano and of course Amalfi itself. All the cycling will help to build our appetite for the fine food that the area is famous for! *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again taxonomy/term/1526 taxonomy/term/1526
Day 1: Start in Palinuro, on the southern coast of Cilento N.P.
Day 2: Cycle along the most unspoilt stretch of coastline in Southern Italy, then
inland to the Mingardo Canyon and abandoned village of San Severino.
Day 3: Ride to Capo Palinuro then to the mediaeval village of Pisciotta; descend to
the coast and Casalvelino.
Day 4: Undulating ride through coastal villages; stop for lunch and optional swim ;
continue on to Paestum with its 6th Century BC Greek ruins.
Day 5: Train to Salerno; scenic ride to Minori, our base for the next three nights.
Day 6: Cycle along the 'Strada Amalfitana' to Amalfi, Praiano and Positano; climb
inland to the Colli di San Pietro for great views over the Bay of Naples;
return to Minori via Amalfi.
Day 7: Free day to relax on the beach at Minori, visit Ravello and Amalfi, take a
boat trip to Capri or visit Pompeii and Vesuvius.
Day 8: End Minori.
- 6 nights 3 and 4-star hotels and 1 night agriturismo , All accommodation
- All breakfasts 1 dinner
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 5 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 5‐16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Mainly undulating with a few steady climbs; 100% tarmac roads
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike or hire available on request
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Palinuro and from Minori are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Cilento & the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.