- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wander through colourful markets and try Palermo's unique street food
- Enjoy a handson cookery class with a local chef in Trapani
- Sample a variety of local specialities during the included produce and wine tastings
- Visit heritage sights and Baroque cities, including Agrigento and Noto
From cannoli to arancini, Sicilian food is world famous, but on this tour prepare to be overwhelmed at how varied and diverse Sicily’s cuisine really is! The various civilisations that have occupied the island over millennia have not only left an unparalleled cultural heritage, but also a culinary history that sets Sicily apart from mainland Italy . Sample Palermo’s fragrant street food in its vibrant markets, practise hands-on cooking with local chefs in Trapani, sip the finest wines in Marsala and Etna and indulge in mouth-watering gelatos whilst relaxing in sun-kissed Baroque piazzas. Let food lead the way in this captivating journey through culinary and cultural highlights. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again. taxonomy/term/310
Day 1: Start Palermo.
Day 2: Explore Palermo, its famous markets and indulge in the city's fabulous street
food; afternoon optional visit to Monreale and its Duomo.
Day 3: Transfer to Trapani; hands on cookery class with a local chef; continue to
Marsala and sample the town's world famous wines.
Day 4: Morning visit to olive farm for olive oil and produce tasting; transfer to
Agrigento for a guided tour of the Valley of the Temples.
Day 5: To Piazza Armerina; guided tour of the famous Villa Romana del Casale
followed by a delicious produce tasting; afternoon visit the charming town of
Day 6: Transfer to rural farm for cheese tasting; stop in the UNESCO Baroque town of
Noto before reaching Catania.
Day 7: Visit the loud and lively fish market; travel to Etna for an excellent wine
and produce tasting and short walk; return to Catania.
Day 8: End Catania.
- 7 nights 3 and 4-star hotels with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 wine tastings, 1 cookery class and 5 food tastings/lunches included.
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- Travel by air-conditioned private minibus
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Airport transfers (if booking group flights or alternative flights arriving before or at the same time as the group)
- Transport by private air-conditioned minibus throughout the trip
- Group normally 6‐18, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Special guided tours in main UNESCO sights and cities
- Any international flights to Palermo and from Catania are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sicily Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sicily Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sicily Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sicily Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.