- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Paarl: Explore the rich cultural heritage of the pearl of the wine lands and the third oldest settlement in South Africa.
- Greater Addo: Explore the incredible Greater Addo, with a chance to visit the worldfamous Elephant Park.
- Cape Agulhas: Visit the southernmost point of the African continent, look out at the ocean with the entire African continent behind you.
Experience the stunning coastline of South Africa during this 8-day self-drive tour, filled with amazing spots and activities. Drive through the picturesque wine lands of Paarl and admire its colourful architectural mix of Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian influence. Join a tour to the winery of Bon Courage Wine Estate in Oudtshoorn, and experience the taste of local wine homemade products, or get yourself well taught about the life of ostriches, which are so representative for this area, by taking a trip to one of the ostriches’ farm. Admire the beauty of Mother Nature in Greater Addo reserve, perhaps go to see the Addo Elephant Park and experience the real safari adventure. Lay back in Knysna surrounded by its magical lagoon and lakes, or take a sip of the wine marvelously combined with the nice meal. This trip will fill all your senses and will leave great memories for the lifetime.
Day 1: Arrival Cape Town – Paarl (65 Km – 1 H)
Day 2: Paarl – Oudtshoorn (375 Km - 4.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Oudtshoorn – Greater Addo (400 Km - 4 Hrs)
Day 4: Greater Addo
Day 5: Greater Addo – Knysna (320 Km - 4.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Knysna – Cape South Coast (365 Km - 4 Hrs)
Day 7: Cape South Coast – Cape Agulhas – Hermanus (115 Km - 1.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Hermanus - Depart Cape Town (110 Km - 4.5 Hrs)
- 7 night’s hotel accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- Replacement vehicle in a case of accident or breakdown
- 1 additional driver
- Unlimited mileage
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
- TP (Theft Protection)
- Road assistance 24/7
- Safety equipment (triangle, high visibility vest, fire extinguisher)
- Administration fee or VAT
- Meet & Greet
- Domestic nor International flights
- Optional Activities
- Porterage and gratuities
- Local guide (unless optional tour booked)
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- CAR HIRE EXCLUSIONS:
- Fuel, Fines, Tolls, Parking
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving.
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle.
- Damage to the engine through negligence.
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition.
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration charge.
- Incident Report Fee
- Refueling Service Charge
- Late Return Fee and Change of Return Station Fee
- Young driver surcharge (driver must have valid unendorsed driver’s license for at least two years
- If the car is left outside of rent a car designated area on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent Car installations.
- One way fee of within South Africa between the following depots: Johannesburg, Nelspruit KMIA, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town
- Each additional driver.
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc.)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Garden Route And Vineyards, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Garden Route And Vineyards, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Garden Route And Vineyards, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.