- Crosscountry skiing
- Beautifully remote wilderness location
- Chance to see the Northern Lights
Oulanka is always a popular family destination, this is definitely a winter trip with a difference. The whole family can enjoy a host of exciting activities and wholesome home-cooked food rustled up by our small team of expert staff. Discover the beautiful wilderness on snowshoes, cross-country skis, dogsled and reindeer sleigh. Our wilderness base is located at the edge of Oulanka National Park in a truly spectacular setting, perfect for this fun-filled winter holiday and with the very best conditions for seeing the Northern Lights, nature’s most spectacular light show!
Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
Day 2: Gentle half day snowshoe walk, exploring the park; free use of snowshoes in the afternoon
Day 3: Dogsledding instruction and tour of approx 10km (approx.)
Day 4: Morning cross-country ski lesson.
Day 5: Morning visit to an authentic reindeer farm and short ride on a reindeer sleigh; free afternoon in Ruka for optional activities.
Day 6: Free morning; afternoon children's snow games: sledging, building snow forts and snowmen
Day 7: Free day. Optional activities include ice-climbing, dogsledding or snowmobile tours
Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 February 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 February 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Winter Adventure Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- How many days are enough to travel in Finland?
- What is the best month to visit Finland?
- What is the best way to get to Finland?
- How much does a tour to Finland cost?