- Deserts and canyons
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an overland expedition through Morocco (either by truck or offroad Land Cruiser)
- Cover mountains, deserts and canyons of Morocco in 2 weeks. See the Moroccan Sahara
- Hike over the dunes of Merzouga. See the beautiful African sky from your desert camp
- Cross the TizinTest Pass located in the High Atlas Mountains
Feel like an explorer as you set on an overland journey that takes you from the heights of Atlas Mountains to the plains and desert of Morocco. Take in the unparalleled natural beauty that this country has to offer while exploring the rural culture of this place and meeting members of different communities along the way.
Enjoy nights under the glittering African sky and hike trails mostly unknown to the outside world. Far away from the glitz and glam of cities, you will get the chance to experience the true culture of this country in Berber villages, tribal markets, humble homes and nomad camps.
Your journey starts from Oujda, a major Moroccan city near the northeastern border with Algeria. From there you will travel to the dunes of Merzouga and the Todra Gorges before crossing the Tizi-n-Test Pass, located in the High Atlas Mountains, to reach the Marrakech.
The trip comes to an end in Marrakech from where we will drive you to the airport in Casablanca. Please scroll down to go through the itinerary.
Note: Although this is a group tour that requires a minimum of four travelers to be carried out, we can organize it in a private format as well. Feel free to click on the "Make An Enquiry" button on the top right of this page to send us a query if you are interested.
Day 1: Oujda Airport arrival
Day 2: Oujda– Ain Beni Methar – Tendrara – Bou Arfa
Day 3: Bou Arfa – Figuig and Zenaga oases – Bouarfa
Day 4: Bouarfa – Boudnib – Meski Blue Springs
Day 5: Meski – Merzouga Dunes – Rissani – Erfoud – Meski
Day 6: Meski – Tinghir – Todra Gorges
Day 7: Tinghir – Anif – Zagora
Day 8: Zagora – Tamegroute – Tinfou – M'Hamid
Day 9: M'Hamid – Foum Zguid – Tata Oasis
Day 10: Tata Oasis – Guelmime
Day 11: Gulemime – Tiznit – Tafrout
Day 12: Tafrout – Ait Baha villages – Taroudant
Day 13: Taroudant – Tizi-n-Test Pass – Imlil
Day 14: Imlil – Asni – Marrakech
Day 15: Marrakech city sightseeing tour
Day 16: Marrakech – Casablanca Airport
- Meals: 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 14 dinners
- Accommodation as per the itinerary, in hotels, homestays, camps and riads
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. Overland transport as per the itinerary
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides
- Hiking trips and sightseeing tours as per the itinerary
- Airline tickets
- Morocco visa fees
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers (additional cost involved)
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that this is an active tour that involves lots of hiking through deserts and mountains. You must be physically fit to carry out this trip. Although two travelers can book this trip together, every departure requires a minimum of four travelers to be carried out. In case there are less than four travelers booked on a given start date, the departure will be cancelled and the amount refunded. This is a group tour but we can organize it in a private format as well. Feel free to click on the 'Make An Enquiry' button on the top right of this page to send us a query if you are interested.