- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 132
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Uncover the incredible landscape of Spitsbergen, from the quirky northernmost city of Longyearbyen and brilliantly blue glaciers to stunning fjords and towering mountains and cliffs.
- Scour sheets of ice and hopefully be rewarded with unforgettable sightings of the ruler of the Arctic – the Polar Bear.
- With 24 hours of daylight there are also endless wildlifeviewing opportunities – elusive Arctic foxes, breaching whales, lounging masses of walruses, and enchanting seabirds dotted along the cliffs of Alkefjellet.
- Choose to get even closer to this amazing environment with optional activities like snowshoeing, hiking, and gliding along pristine waters between icebergs in a sea kayak.
Lying entirely within the Arctic Circle, Svalbard’s largest island, Spitsbergen is rugged, wild, unspoiled and utterly unforgettable. Offering one of the world’s best opportunity to view polar bears, this voyage will enable you to search for the world’s largest carnivores in their natural habitat. Walrus populations love Spitsbergen as well, feeding in the food-rich icy waters around the island. Whales and seabirds will entertain you during the sailing portions of the expedition, while you may catch a sighting of reindeer or Arctic fox when taking Zodiac excursions to land. It’s truly a nature-lover’s paradise.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Oslo to Longyearbyen
Disembark in Longyearbyen and Oslo
- Hotel (1night), Expedition cruise ship (12 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , Zodiac , Plane
- Any international flights to/from Oslo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spitsbergen in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 600 today.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spitsbergen in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spitsbergen in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spitsbergen in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Arctic are very cold. A warm parka will be provided along with waterproof boots and unlimited hot drinks, but you should also bring base layers and lots of warm clothing. Please see the Essential Trip Information for further important details about what to bring.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. Some ships also have a lot of stairs.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially to such a remote area.
- This trip takes places during the time of year that Spitsbergen enjoys 24-hour daylight. Just one of the benefits of this is that incredible wildlife can be seen at any time of the day – be prepared to be woken at any time so as to not miss out on exciting animal sightings.
- Polar bears are one of the most incredible and appealing animals on the planet, but they are also powerful predators with little fear of humans. Therefore, it’s necessary to be aware of the guidelines surrounding any contact with Polar bears. Follow your leader’s instructions and do not stray from your group.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
The Intrepid Foundation
Your fellow travellers