- duration 12 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Encounter iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and reindeer
- Take advantage of continuous daylight
- Hike the tundra and explore the polar desert
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more
The largest island of the Svalbard archipelago, Spitsbergen is known as the “wildlife capital of the Arctic,” and on this unforgettable 12-day voyage, you will discover why. Building on our Spitsbergen Highlights and Intro to Spitsbergen itineraries, this longer journey has been designed to maximize time on the west and northern/southern tips of the island, providing you optimal chances to witness the remarkable array of creatures who call this spectacular yet forbidding environment home—including whales, walruses, Svalbard reindeer, seabirds by the thousands, and that most iconic of Arctic residents, the polar bear.
In addition to giving you opportunities to observe this unique parade of wildlife, the longer itinerary also allows you more time to explore the vast tundra, appreciate the natural beauty of the surprisingly colorful Arctic wilderness, and benefit from our range of on-board lectures and educational programs. Come aboard with the most knowledgeable, experienced and passionate team in the industry for an extraordinary High Arctic adventure.
Day 1 : Arrive in Oslo, Norway
Day 2 : Fly to Longyearbyen, Svalbard and Embark
Days 3 to 11 : Exploring Spitsbergen
Day 12 : Disembark in Longyearbyen and Fly to Oslo
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 268+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spitsbergen Explorer: Wildlife Capital of the Arctic tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spitsbergen Explorer: Wildlife Capital of the Arctic tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spitsbergen Explorer: Wildlife Capital of the Arctic tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.