- Sightseeing tour
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 28 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Scenic Drives: While travelling through southern Scandinavia, experience some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the world. Travel through the Skåne Region, along Lake Vättern, through Lapland and upon the Four Winds' Road. Pass Kåfjord, the Lyngen Alps, the Rago National Park, Laksfoss Falls, through Norwegian Fjordland, past Dovre Mountains, the Rondane National Park and through Pyr Gynt Country. Experience the Norwegian West Coast from Bergen to Stavanger, around the south cape of Norway and across Jutland Peninsula.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Bergen: With your Local Expert, see the many colourful stalls of the lively Fish Market and marvel at the 13th century Haakon's Hall.
- West Coast Norway: Fjord hop from Bergen to Stavanger.
From the Midnight Sun to the Little Mermaid and from crossing the Arctic Circle to crossing the northern seas, Scandinavia is truly an astonishing part of the world.
Day 1: Welcome to Oslo
Day 2: Cosmopolitan Oslo
Day 3: Oslo city to coastal Bergen
Day 4: Ancient Hanseatic port of Bergen
Day 5: A Coastline like no Other
Day 6: The Wonders of Lysefjord
Day 7: Onwards to Kristiansand
Day 8: Kristiansand to Aarhus
Day 9: Historic Aarhus
Day 10: Odense to Copenhagen
Day 11: Wonderful Copenhagen
Day 12: Scenic farmlands of Sweden
Day 13: Stockholm and Baltic Cruise
Day 14: Fashionable Helsinki
Day 15: Lakes and Forests to Kuopio
Day 16: The Road to Rovaniemi
Day 17: Rovaniemi and Lapland
Day 18: The Arctic to Ivalo
Day 19: The North Cape
Day 20: Through Finnmark to Alta
Day 21: A World of Adventure in Alta
Day 22: Narvik
Day 23: Across Tysfjord to Mosjen
Day 24: Laksfoss Falls to Trondheim
Day 25: Geiranger, Jewel of the Fjords
Day 26: Geiranger at Leisure
Day 27: Oslo, the Capital
Day 28: Out of Oslo
- Bergen: Enjoy an evening of dinner and wine at a local restaurant. Zupperia Matbørsen offers traditional Norwegian and European meal with an Asian twist.
- Aarhus: Savour a delightful meal prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
- Alta: Savour a delicious oven-baked dinner of local seasonal specialities of fresh salmon or the local's favourite, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 27 Breakfast (B), 8 Dinner (D), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Alta: Meet Trine and her huskies. Hear tales about their marathon Artic dog sled races during a hearty dinner.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Oslo: On arrival at Oslo airport, your transfer will leave for the hotel at 09:30, 12:00 or 14:30. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at 17:30, to enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Cruise in high-class cabins with sea views
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce, like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Aarhus: Choose between joining a Local Expert to visit Den Gamle By open air museum, offering a trip through 300 years of Danish culture or alternatively, walk through the Botanical Gardens with your Local Expert and learn about Danish nature and flora.
- Rovaniemi: Choose between spending time at Santa Claus village and embracing the spirit of Christmas, or alternatively, join your Local Expert for a nature walk in the forest.
- Karasjok: Visit the museum devoted to Sami history in Karasjok, preserving the culture of one of the world's oldest tribes. Admire over 5,000 objects in the cultural heritage collection here spread across indoor and outdoor exhibits.The Sami Museum advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. The museum educates its visitors about the resiliency of the Sami community and endeavors to safeguard the tribes traditional practices.
- Any international flights to/from Oslo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Scandinavian Heritage tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 308+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Scandinavian Heritage tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Scandinavian Heritage tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Scandinavian Heritage tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.