- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit Trondheim, which translates as 'a good place to live', and stroll past the colourful wooden storehouses flanking the river.
- Gaze at the immense Nidaros Cathedral, an incredible Gothic building that houses the remains of St Olav, the patron saint of Norway.
- Explore the longadored Lofoten Islands, a patchwork of fishing villages, by land and sea and take in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the entire world.
- Finish in Tromso, hundreds of kilometres north of the Arctic Circle, where the arts and culture scene is thriving despite its isolated, northerly location.
Enter a world of extremes where night looks like day, day looks like night and regardless of the season, the scenery's much more than alright. Leave the Arctic Circle behind and discover northern Norway's captivating sights and long, fabled history. Begin in the capital, Oslo, and make your way to Trondheim, the Viking city home to the Nidaros Cathedral and the remains of St Olav, Norway's patron saint. Explore the rugged, unbelievably picturesque Lofoten Islands by land and water before finishing in Tromso, a vibrant city famed for its cultural offerings despite its relative isolation.
Trondheim / Overnight Train
Bodø / Lofoten Islands
- Hotel (7 Nights), Overnight train (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts
- Train , Public bus , Overnight train , Ferry , Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Svolvær - Trollfjord Cruise & Sea Eagle Safari
- Any international flights to Oslo and from Tromso are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Norway Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Norway Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Norway Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Norway Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The areas visited on this trip can be very cold at night throughout the year, especially at the start and end of the season. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions, including base layers, hat, gloves, scarf, coat and anything else that you think may be applicable.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. The exception is the overnight train from Trondheim to Bodo which is twin share on mixed gender basis. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge (some exception nights are applicable). Please ask your booking agent for more details. Also, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together/apart. Some accommodation on this trip may also have shared bathroom facilities.
- This trip is designed to give you a fair amount of free time so you can explore each destination at your own pace. We will, however, take you on regular orientation walks, so you'll be on your feet quite a lot. While this may be tiring for some, it’s the best way to get your head around a place and to set yourself up for further discoveries.
- While we have thoroughly researched this area of the world to put together this adventure, please be advised that this is a new trip for Intrepid. To be frank, things may not always go to plan. When we head to new destinations, we usually find there are more pleasant surprises in store than unpleasant ones, but the warning is sincere. If this concerns you, we recommend you wait a year until the trip has been ironed out.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal