- duration 18 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and reindeer
- Explore the wildlife heaven of Spitsbergen, the volcanic Jan Mayen and the breathtaking Greenlandic fjord system all in one trip
- Visit a remote Inuit community
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore glaciers, icebergs and more
Perfect for first-time visitors to the Arctic, this voyage highlights four spectacular destinations near the top of the world and provides an unforgettable taste of the region, featuring giant icebergs, towering mountains, granite cliffs, iconic wildlife, traditional Inuit culture and more.
Your adventure begins in the remote Norwegian island of Spitsbergen, renowned for its stunning scenery and abundant, varied wildlife such as polar bears and walrus. From there, sail south to the mysterious, volcanic Jan Mayen, a nature reserve so remote that few have ever been fortunate enough to explore this Arctic treasure. The next stop is Greenland’s beguiling east coast, where you will cruise deep into Scoresbysund to marvel at the overwhelming beauty of the world’s largest fjord system, gaze in awe at unimaginably vast icebergs, and admire the diversity of the flora and fauna that have fascinated explorers and visitors for centuries—and seize the opportunity to explore the remains of ancient Thule settlements. Your epic adventure culminates with a journey under the midnight sun to Reykjavik, where you can soak up Icelandic culture in a city that never sleeps.
Day 1 : Arrive in Oslo, Norway
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard
Days 3 to 6 : Exploring Spitsbergen
Days 7 and 8 : At Sea
Days 9 and 10 : Exploring Jan Mayen
Days 11 to 15 : Exploring Scoresbysund, Greenland
Days 16 and 17 : At Sea
Day 18 : Depart Reykjavik, Iceland
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 2339 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 28 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.