- duration 18 days
- tour type Cruise Tour
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and reindeer
- Explore the wildlife haven of Spitsbergen, the volcanic Jan Mayen and the breathtaking Greenlandic fjord system all in one trip
- Visit a remote Inuit community
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore glaciers, icebergs and more
From impressive icebergs to iconic wildlife to traditional Inuit culture and more, the Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland expedition gives you a generous sampling of four unique Arctic regions. This voyage is ideal for first time visitors who want a taste of everything the Arctic has to offer. Beginning in Norway, your adventure takes you to Spitsbergen, renowned for its stunning scenery and abundant, varied wildlife such as polar bears and walrus. From there, sail south to the mysterious, volcanic Jan Mayen, a nature reserve so remote that few before have been fortunate to explore it. Then, venture to Greenland’s east coast, cruising deep into Scoresbysund to discover the world’s largest fjord system and icebergs larger than you could ever imagine. Finally, to cap off your epic expedition, you’ll sail under the midnight sun to Reykjivik, where you disembark and can soak up Icelandic culture in a city that never sleeps.
The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
Day 1 : Arrive in Oslo, Norway
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard
Days 3 to 6 : Exploring Spitsbergen
Days 7 and 8 : At Sea
Days 9 and 10 : Exploring Jan Mayen
Days 11 to 15 : Exploring Scoresbysund, Greenland
Days 16 and 17 : At Sea
Day 18 : Depart Reykjavik, Iceland
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Bookmundi is partner with Quark Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 350 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 2199 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 23 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.