- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike along the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route.
- Cycle between islands in rural Japan.
- Visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto.
- Explore Wakayama castle.
There's so much to discover in the Land of the Rising Sun. So we've taken our favourite must-see highlights and major cultural touchstones like Kyoto and Hiroshima, combined them with visits to lesser known areas, and packed everything into a 13-day itinerary. Hike along the ancient Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route to visit spectacular shrines, visit the impressive site of Wakayama Castle, bike the famous Shimanami Kaido route, and kayak around the famed floating torii gate in the Bay of Miyajima. With a refreshing mix of approachable activities, beautiful landscapes, and delicious eats, this tour has something for every kind of traveller.
Day 1: Osaka
Day 2: Osaka/Chikatsuyu
Day 3: Chikatsuyu/Katsuura
Day 4: Katsuura/Wakayama
Day 5: Wakayama/Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto/Onomichi
Day 8: Onomichi/Ikuchi Jima
Day 9: Ikuchi Jima/Matsuyama
Day 10: Matsuyama/Hiroshima
Day 11: Hiroshima
Day 12: Hiroshima/Tokyo
Day 13: Tokyo
- Hotel (9 nts), traditional inn (3 nts).
3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD570-745 for meals not included.
- Local train, local bus, bicycle, kayak, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Hike the Kumano Kodo Trail (3 days)
- Wakayama Castle visit
- Fushimi Inari Shrine visit
- Shimanami Kaido Cycling Route (2 days)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima Island visit with sea kayaking
- Traditional ryokan stay with kaiseki meal
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Osaka and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 175+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Hike, Bike & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Hike, Bike & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Hike, Bike & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.