Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4496
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Take in views of Mt Fuji.
- Stay in temple lodging and learn about Buddhism.
- Gaze at the famous floating torii gate in Miyajima.
- Explore Kyoto's Nijo Castle
From the Buddhist monks of Kōyasan to the high rollers of Tokyo, see the many faces of Japan on this condensed tour beginning in Osaka. Savour the region’s culinary delicacies and the beautiful views at Mt Fuji. You'll stay in a mountain temple and really soak up local culture in onsen hot springs. A great combination of the traditional and the contemporary, this adventure provides a taste of the rich culture of Japan.
Day 1: Osaka
Day 2: Osaka/Kōyasan
Day 3: Kōyasan/Hiroshima
Day 4: Hiroshima
Day 5: Hiroshima/Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto/Hakone
Day 8: Hakone/Tokyo
Day 9: Tokyo
- Hotels (7 nts), mountain monastery (1 nt, shared facilities).
3 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD390-510 for meals not included.
- Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Overnight in Mount Kōya Temple, Kōyasan
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima Island excursion
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit
- Gion walk
- Fushimi Inari shrine visit
- Lake Ashino-ko boat ride
- Traditional kaiseki meal
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Osaka and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 157 today.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- Is it possible to choose or remove the hotels in some areas?
Do people in Japan speak English?
Estimates show that less than 30 percent of the Japanese population speak English at any level, with less than 5 percent being fluent speakers. So, the likelihood of encountering a fluent speaker on a random Japanese street is quite low. Most people working in tourist areas do understand simple English phrases, and most signboards, instructions, and menus in these areas are in both Japanese and English. Outside of these places, you will need a lot of hand gestures to get by.
How to plan an Asia tour?
Asia is a relatively large continent, so there are a wide variety of destinations to explore. Therefore, if you are planning a multi-country trip to Asia, the first thing you need to prepare is the list of countries you are interested in along with your starting and ending points. You would also need to decide on the best time for your trip depending on seasonal variations that affect each country.
After finalizing when and where to travel in Asia, you should make arrangements for all the necessary travel documents. These would include visas, insurances, Covid-19 test reports, vaccine cards, and so on.
- Are the optional activities guided tours or self-guided?